Please post photos of your Guinea Pig Cages/Homes

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:51 pm

We seem to have conflicting information on the bending/welded side..funny that.

cathmiller

Post   » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:06 pm

I guess it depends on whether they are Monday or Friday grids. ;)

Lyndsay

Post   » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:39 pm

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/L ... C01543.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/L ... C01511.jpg

Here is my 2 boars cage, I love it, this is my bedroom centre piece! Switching to fleece very soon.

amy m guinea

Post   » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:33 pm

My cage is nothing too exciting compared to the wonderful cages I've seen here, but my piggies' favorite accessory is a small plastic coated wire shelf with legs that is big enough for two to lounge under or jump on top of to give me the "I need food now" stare. I got the idea from a post somewhere here (sorry, I don't remember where). This shelf has cardboard woven on top so they can sit on it. It's just a shelf you'd find at a hardware or home store. Thank you - whoever posted this idea first!

As soon as I put it in their cage it became their favorite place to hang out, over their cuddle cup, tube, fleece corner, and wooden house. It's great to see them taking turns jumping off of it and doing laps at food time!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:39 pm

Lyndsay - that's a great cage! But how do you catch the piggies or clean it?

WillowTree

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:51 am

Lyndsay, I love your cage, very fun! I want it, or one just like it. But how do you get to the piggies? Also, how many are in there and do they always come downstairs for the water bottle? Gus Gus (my sweet sweet albino piggie) hangs out in the top of his cage all day and if he doesn't come down he forgets to drink water, or atleast he doesn't want until I offer it to him, then he drinks ALOT! Maybe he is just a little challenged (you never know what can be going on when they come from Petsmart, hehe) or forgetful. I love that the floor has pictures of Winnie the Pooh n friends, is that coroplast? Did it come like that? Beautiful cage.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:18 pm

We now have a skywalk to attach the two condos so that the condo piggies can have room to zoom like the floor piggies (whomever may be whichever place, whatever day).

Taj showing how he loves the zooming and puttering back and forth

Funny, Taj and Foster both find it fun and zoomy, Dash and Laz will slink across it when they wants to get to the other side.

Funny pigs.

alibee

Post   » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:26 pm

Here's mine: the ramp is actually... rain gutter with rug stuck on (double sided tape. wee). It is a two-level ramp where the middle is one of those small squares as a sort of landing (they make em in like, teeny size, if that makes sense).

It's high off the ground because I sincerely doubted my girls wanted to have puppy eyes peering over the side at them. That black coroplast just sitting there on the top (upper right) is from when it was a tri-level; we removed the topmost level and used those squares to make another level of stand on the bottom.

Here's a pic of the ramp from when we had just built it:

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:30 pm

Edit to say oooohhhhh.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:50 pm

Brandi, what happened to your pictures?

Edit: Nevermind. NOW I see them.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:55 pm

What excitement! I bet they love the skywalk!

Zalida

Post   » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:57 pm

Eek! My stupid pigs would probably jump down from the skywalk.