Moby - Hyperthyroidism

AliceMcmallis
Supporter in '08

Post   » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:05 pm

How much weight did he gain Allysse?

Allysse

Post   » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:29 pm

The results are back. His level is down to 3.1 from 3.29

I can't remember exactly how much he has gained but the weigh in from then and the weigh in from today showed that he gained weight. I lost the sheet I was using to record his weights back then. He's at 948 grams now.

We might start getting his medicine compounded. We're waiting for an estimate.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:50 pm

Happy to see results! Maybe your vet has an old weight.

Allysse

Post   » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:21 pm

To get the compounded stuff is only $24, which isn't a huge price difference. I think I'm going to go ahead and get it.

I'm determined to find that sheet! I know it's around here somewhere.

Riverdance

Post   » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:34 pm

We have a cat that was just diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and we use the gel that goes in the ear. My vet has it sent to me directly from the pharmacy. I only pay $11 and that includes delivering it to my door. I don't have the name of the company in front of me but if you are interested, I will get it for you. They have online service, that's how I pay the bill.

Sherri

Allysse

Post   » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:22 pm

I'm not sure I like the idea of a gel that goes on topically.

Allysse

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:19 am

Seemed an update was in order with the recent talk of hyperthyroidism.

The tapazole is now being compounded and given orally. There haven't been any re-tests for T4 levels.

His weight has increased and stabilized in the 990's (grams).

I found his initial weight chart...but it's at home and not with me! How inconvienent.

JodiMN

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:02 am

Go Mobe's go!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:11 am

Yeah!

Allysse

Post   » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:28 pm

Took Moby to the vet today.

He had started drooling a little. He had been losing weight and old symptoms were more prominant.

My vet put him under anesthesia to take a good look at the teeth and do any neccessary work on them. From what my mother told me, he had some "spurs" in his teeth. I'm not sure what that means. I guess Dr. K corrected what was wrong. I'll have to find out more information from her later. Hopefully he doesn't have maloclussion on top of everything.

She also got bloodwork from him. Thyroid levels have shot up to over 6 (My mom said she thought it was like 6.3 but didn't write the exact # down). Dosage was increased to .50 CC

Another problem we've been having is that his lower incisors grow very fast and we end up having them cut down because they're so dangerously long. Not sure how to get that problem to stop, cardboard doesn't seem to be cutting it.

Poor Mobes. He always gives me this pathetic look. I want to make his problems go away!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:33 pm

Do his lower incisors contact the roof of the mouth? Are they misaligned? I think spurs are tooth parts that are worn oddly so a piece of tooth is sharp, sticks out at an angle and cuts the mouth.

Allysse

Post   » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:42 pm

Yes Lynx, they do contact the roof of the mouth, but they're not misaligned. My mom said that they looked like they were almost an inch long.