Fleece Comparisons

kazmeyer

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:47 pm

So since most of these fleeces seem to be pretty hay-unfriendly, what does everyone do when it comes to design? A kind of DMZ at the hayrack end with carefresh or something? I'm planning on switching the girls over to fleece once I move, and I'm just curious what the best plan would be - Aspen's way too messy, and I'm definitely going to be looking for economy.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Hay Racks for us.

kazmeyer

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:08 pm

Do those actually work? I imagine my girls just dragging the hay all over like they do with their current rack (bent grid style), chuckling to themselves, "Poor deluded man, thinking you can control us."

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:11 pm

Those are cool Windespirit. I'm coming to the conclusion that I need something to contain the hay for allergy sake.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:43 pm

Perhaps someone who's gotten one or two could help me on this one?
If they could do it HERE it would be great! *warning pop ups*
I have further comment on them there as well :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:15 pm

Just a note here -- I went over to Target and got a couple lined polyester sherpa/fleece throws -- sherpa on one side and fleece on the other (4'X5'). I chopped them in four parts and will switch them out for Snowflake. The fleece I found was pink and was $5 on sale (75% off). It has a fake fur edge around it. Also got a thin large fleece blanket on sale but I think I'll use it to keep me warm at night.

I am really looking forward to switching them out more frequently.

whittibo

Post   » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:18 pm

WHERE'S THE PICTURES???

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:22 pm

It's dark. I'll get pictures tomorrow.

whittibo

Post   » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:06 am

Gosh, you don't have lights in your house?! ;)

Can't wait to see what you have and hear how it works. I could really use something that keeps things cleaner. My pigs have all decided that the top level corner (where they SLEEP) is THE place to pee. I worry about them sleeping/sitting in pee soaked towels every/all day. I am getting tired of changing towels every day!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:54 am

Sounds interesting there Lynx.
Unfortunatly the closest Target to me is further into the city then I care to safely go. I think it would be the same as what I seen at some of the fabric shops, from the sounds though. Curious as to the outcome and which side you have topside. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:21 pm

I'm using the sherpa on the top as it is most similar to what you sent me (which seems to work pretty well). Here's what it looks like. Good thing Snowflake is a girl. I hope she doesn't eat the fake fur.

p.s. natural lighting is almost always better than artificial lighting.

gotcavies
Supporter in '15

Post   » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:43 pm

Just what IS it about piggies peeing on their fleece things? I give them little mats (made by Windespirit) and they feel they absolutely must pee and poop on them. Brand new bed for Christmas.. they pooped all over it right away. They don't seem to have a preference on which type of fleece they pee on either.

Piggies are just piggies I guess.