Help needed...piggie with bloody scabs

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:42 am

Ya know it's really hard to say what did the trick. He had 3 Ivermectin shots, 1 topical treatment, 2 lime/sulfur dips and 1 Revolution application.

I did notice a big reduction in the scratching within 1-2 days of the Revolution application.

I know apply Benadryl cream a few times a day to the spots he still scratches.

The vet was trying to stick with one thing at a time because he said "then we won't know if the Ivermectin is working" and I personally didn't care what worked as long as something made the poor guy stop scratching like a madman!

When the 1st vet was on vacation and he went in for his 2nd dip I was able to get the other vet I use there to let me try the Revolution and the Benadryl.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:30 pm

Oh YEAH!

Congratulations, GP Lover. This was a hard, tough road for both of you. It is so hard to stick with it, and you did. You did *great*.

SylvesterPiggie

Post   » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:36 pm

Oh yay! Good going! Now after all that are you sure you really want to find him a new home?

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:29 am

Yeah..I'm sure I want him to find a new home. I'll be sad to see him go. Will probably break down too! O:(

But...he deserves a home where he can get held and petted and get some loving attention. I have 3 girls that take up a lot of my time and $$$.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:01 am

Sounds as if the Revolution did the trick :-)

Wonderful news!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:39 am

Glad to hear he's feeling better.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:12 pm

***Happy Dance****

I am driving Jasper to his new forever home Sunday!
I will be sad to see him go but it's for the best.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:23 pm

That's wonderful news! I was hoping he was doing well and going to a new home soon. Another pic before he goes?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:48 pm

Cool, GP Lover! I hope he has a great, mite-free life!!

slfalzone

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:16 pm

What a wonderful happy ending - I live for those. I know you will be so sad to let him go but what a wonderful thing you did for him. I am so happy he's finally better!

rachelm

Post   » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:45 am

Well done!

SylvesterPiggie

Post   » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:26 am

Good for you. You gave him a new life!