Fleece Comparisons

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:02 pm

It also is a quick brush/flap/vacuum to clean it up from poop collections!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:48 pm

Whittibo, what I suggest you do is put a towel or something absorbant under an area and see if the top stays drier that way. What I have found is the absorbant material seems to wick away the wetness instead of letting it just collect. So I think using both will get the best results (but maybe this is thick enough it's not needed).

whittibo

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:59 pm

Thanks Lynx, I do have some pieces of cotton felt I might try. I think trying different things till I find the perfect solution?! I also think that since there is some possible airflow, by NOT putting something absorbent might allow it all to air dry??

Trial and error?! BUT, so far I am thrilled to death! I love the look, love the ease of cleaning, love that it covers the whole cage and is cut out around my little "hole", and love that it will stay dry where the piggies pee!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:08 pm

From my limited experience it stays wet if there is nothing to draw the pee away.

whittibo

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:49 pm

Ahh.. good to know Lynx. Thanks

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:07 pm

Dash feels obviously very sexxy with the new on sale teal fleece from Target.

whittibo

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:17 pm

Ah, what a great picture!

I love that thick berber fleece. We only have a walmart with fabric here (unless I drive about 45-60 minutes to get to a REAL fabric store?) But walmart only has regular fleece, I just asked the lady yesterday and she looked at me like I was stupid?!

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:27 pm

This fleece is just the same throw that Lynxie bought at Target (that she showed in pink on page 2). It was now down to 10 bucks a throw, and daddy's christmas money came in, so I got the boys 3 throws, teal, purkle and baby blue!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:30 pm

I got a purple one too. My daughter has it on her bed :-)

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:31 pm

I want to sneak back and get a pink and the orange - but I shall restrain myself and save money for those cute babies that are on their way!

whittibo

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:31 pm

Oh, the one with the softer fleece on the back?!

Our Target is about 50+ minutes from me too. Drives me crazy we don't have anything nearby, except Walmart. :( I guess I should be happy we have it, we have only had it I think 3 or 4 years now.

$10 is great. Wish I could have gotten a couple.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:35 pm

Exactly that kind, with the furry edge. We had to wait a long time for a Target in our area too.