Possible eye injury

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:04 pm

I have a friend who is unable to post here, so I offered to post a question for her. Her Mo seems to have a possible eye injury. She stated that it looks clouded and receded plus he's squinting.

She said that back in November her vet stated he had "in that eye he had conjuctival swelling at the back of they eye".

Does anyone have any suggestions for her? Thanks.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:13 pm

Did he prescribe any medicine? How long has the eye been clouded? Usually and antibiotic drop like genticin or creme like BNP would be prescribed.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:18 pm

I checked w/ her and he did not prescribe an antibiotic drop. Nothing. She's going to make an appt tomorrow.

She also stated that "the vet said not to worry unless it starts to bug him".

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:20 pm

Don't go back to him. If the eye has been like that since November it's very serious and needs to be taken seriously. I hope her pig doesn't lose it's eye over this. That vet was negligent by not checking for a scratch on the cornea and prescribing medicine. He should be called on the carpet for this.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:25 pm

Holly is right. This happened in November?

That sounds like negligence to me.

klynne

Post   » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:33 pm

Wow, you don't mess around with eye things. That should have been treated right away. I also really hope the poor pig does not lose his eye over this.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:34 pm

She and I are conversing while I'm playing the middle man. She's concerned about it as well.

klynne

Post   » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:46 pm

Thanks for trying to help her and her pig, JennG.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:48 pm

First of all, that's what friends do.

Here's picture of Mo & friends. He's the little guy in the left hand corner. You can sort of see the white spot on his eye. This is the eye that is clouded and receded. She said that he's not squinting now.

Her piggies are so cute.

klynne

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:15 am

Could be a scar from a corneal ulcer.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:24 am

An exam by someone competent and opthalmic ointment if appropriate.

I wouldn't fool around with this either.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:55 pm

Sorry I had to get off last night to get to bed. I'll let My Baby Mu know the new updates. Thanks for everyone's input and assistance.