PetFinder

Teresa

Post   » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:19 pm

You also can be pretty creative with html on Petfinder. I chose a totally different format: http://www.cavyspirit.petfinder.com

Now if we could only get them to drop Petco as a corporate sponsor.

Also added a link to this thread on the How to Start a Rescue page on Cavy Rescue.

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:28 am

Teresa, that's great. Being only a novice with html, I was only able to mess with their format a little bit. Susan keeps offering to do some graphics for me, I should take her up on it.

pinta

Post   » Mon May 12, 2003 3:07 pm

This email was passed to me with a request to post it.

a new shelter on Petfinder

Hi everyone,
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan SPCA has just launched their Petfinder page. This little shelter has really been struggling to help their animals so please pass on their link to anyone who might know someone within 50 miles of Prince Albert.

Saskatchewan only has 3 Petfinder members compared to BC's 56 members, so please help introduce Saskatchewan to the pets on Petfinder. It would be great if we could get hundreds of people checking out the site. Maybe a dozen of those people would be able to open their homes to a desperate pet. You can't imagine how thrilled everyone there would be about that.

Prince Albert SPCA:
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/SK05.html

chelie07410

Post   » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:04 pm

My two guys came from PetFinder..I found Have a Heart GP Rescue.

dhardawa

Post   » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:06 pm

I am going to pick up my new girls tomorrow. I found them on petfinder.com. I love the way the site is done. It is so easy to use.

Dana

ThatKat

Post   » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:25 pm

I just want to add my experience with Petfinder. I rescued 16 piggies from a high kill shelter in October 2003. I placed ads in the paper and was having some questionable people respond to them. (Example: "I don't care what color, sex, age, etc. the piggies are, just so they are fairly small." "I want all the pregnant females you have." "I want to buy all of them to open my own pet store," etc.) I finally decided to sign up at Petfinder and I have been so lucky. Within a couple of days I found a WONDERFUL home for 4 of the piggies, and then 2 other homes for 2 other pairs very shortly after that. I have met the most wonderful, kind people who are specifically looking for a rescued pet. I have had people drive an hour or two to adopt a rescued piggy from me when they could have purchased one at a petstore 5 minutes away. The adopters I've found through Petfinder have been so amazing... each time I think I won't find another home as good as the last one, another person responds.

Of course, not everyone that looks for a pet at Petfinder is perfect, or even halfway decent. But it has helped me to find very loving homes for my piggies that I don't think I would have found otherwise.

ChadWPB

Post   » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:46 pm

I found my latest adoption on Petfinder, a spayed sow no less.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:48 pm

Three of my girls were products of petfinder, Faith and Angel were in the classifieds and Mama Peal was listed at Gracielee's rescue!

Wheek Times 3

Post   » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:05 am

Jessica and Alisa were found on Petfinder.

tnarmybrat05

Post   » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:43 pm

I had no idea there was a rescue near my house until I checked out petfinder a little over a month ago, I'm headed up to Knoxville tomorrow to pick up my new pair!

betsa

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:11 am

Janet is wonderful, you will love her! You will not only get a good pair of pigs, you will get all the help you need with them. She has placed over 300 pigs through her rescue.

Petfinder is a wonderful tool. Since I got my site in Nov, I have rescued and placed 27 pigs.

ottosmom

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:17 pm

I found my Taz on Petfinder.