My 30th Birthday Present

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:55 pm

It's not a book if it hasn't gotten the corners chewed :-)

JD 2 Be

Post   » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:28 pm

You should see my casebooks; they all have ragged, chewed corners, except for Constitutional Law. That one's autographed by Justice Clarence Thomas. No pig is chewing on that! I'm such a geek. :)

EllieMom

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:28 am

I love the collection of items on your desk—neatly arranged pens and markers, law books, a pacifier, a guinea pig. It clearly belongs to a woman who wears many hats. :)

JD 2 Be

Post   » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:29 pm

New digital camera! *Bounce* And that means I'm taking loads of pictures of the kids and pigs. Here are a couple.

Roxie the sweet piggie:

But I want to get down...

Cloudy the fat piggie:

She looks rounder when she's laying down with her flab all hanging out, like in my avatar.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:34 pm

Most of us (me) look rounder lying down with our flab out!! Sweet girls.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:39 pm

My gosh, that's a very round tummy!
Cute cute pics and stories JD2BE.

JD 2 Be

Post   » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:54 am

I'm beginning to think this is a cronicle of two pigs' relationship.....

Roxie hides constantly. She's the most skittish little thing I've ever come across. To help socialize her, I'm mean and take out all the possible hiding spots in the cage for a few hours when we're home. Any cardboard boxes are removed and their tent is unpinned from the side of the cage.

Roxie spent the first month of this routine following Cloudy around and cramming herself in behind her poor cagemate. While she still follows Cloudy around a lot, she's become a lot more friendly and independent.

Cloudy is very sociable, and will come to the side of the cage to be petted, unless she's in heat, then she's a real bitch who growls at anyone who approaches, and runs away from any attempt at affection.

Roxie slowly has been coming around. Just last week she allowed me to slowly approach her while she was in the tent and pet her on the head. Today she actually took some lettuce from my husband's hand. She's started wheeking for veggies. It's a weird little wheek, and the first time I heard it, I was convinced she was in pain. Very high pitched, very frantic.

Cloudy's attitude has changed a bit towards her cagemate. She doesn't like me trying to pick Roxie up. Roxie will hide behind Cloudy and Cloudy will rumblestrut at me as I try to get to Roxie.

On the other hand, as far as Cloudy's concerned, she's the only pig who deserves to be petted. I had both out at once, scratching one, then the other. Cloudy literally climbed over Roxie to butt my hand. It was like she was saying "I'm the Head Pig. Pet me!" That's the only time I've ever heard Roxie growl. Not even the lowly little subordinate pig likes to be stepped on! :)

JD 2 Be

Post   » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:49 pm

Dear Diary,

I got a bath today. It's not often this happens, since I keep myself pretty clean without my human's help, so I should probably explain.

It was cage cleaning day. Not the sweep up the poops and check the towels type day, but a full strip down the cage and scrub everything type cleaning. The boy wanted to hold me on the couch while my human cleaned. He's pretty nice and gives me head rubs, but today I really wanted to be active. While he was talking to my human, I decided to make a run for it! I scrambled up the arm of the couch on to the end table and into a bag of Fritos left there. My human came running over to pull me back out.

Boy, was I greasy! Back into the carrier with Roxie I went after I was pulled out of the bag, then once the cage was done, I was taken to the bathroom. Eek! Bath! I hate baths! Much grumbling and many attempts to escape later, I was taken to the bedroom to be dried with the hair dryer. Ok, I admit I like that. I love sitting there with the soft, warm air blowing on me until I'm fluffy. Just don't tell my human, all right?

--Cloudy

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:07 pm

Dear Cloudy,
You poor thing, I can’t believe your humanoid made you have a bath today. We know what you mean about hating baths, same here… We fail to see the humor and fun in bubbles and suds, especially when they only do it to our butts every 2 weeks, and followed by an abstract butt-hair cut. Such ridicule!

Well brutha, in the event of a next “attempted bath by humanoids”, give us a holler, and we’ll all come back you up there in pigpower!

Ps. Now you are all fluffy and nice, get your humanoid to take a few picture for us to admire here!!!
xoxo
Meimei, Beibei, McMac and Mojo!

JD 2 Be

Post   » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:51 pm

I just had to rest in my tube after all the excitement.

Oh, yeah. Here's my cagemate Roxie. But don't pay any attention to her. She's not the Head Pig.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:57 pm

**wolf-whistles**
Talk about sexy leggies...
((drooling Meimei))

JD 2 Be

Post   » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:57 pm

We didn't have batteries for the digital camera, so I didn't get a postable picture of Cloudy enjoying her special carrots and parsley yesterday for her birthday. Instead the kids threw her their own party, with a homemade party hat and herbs picked from the balcony's pots. My 6 year old enjoyed making her a hat with a tomato on it. They are her favorite. He then asked if we could have a party for Roxie tomorrow. :)

I guess I should call them more "gotcha" days than birthdays, since the only thing we can celebrate is the day they came to us. It does kind of stink not knowing exactly how old they are.