Shelter pigs w/ringworm

Charybdis

Post   » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:06 am

The rescue person who is taking in these pigs (btw, she decided to foster all 5--yay!) says that she uses Program on dogs with yeast infections.

Also, the program I have came in a 125mg suspension but it doesn't say how many ml are in the packet. Should we just draw it all up into syringes and measure out 30 mg for each from there?

I found out that none of these are adults. It appears that they are all less than 6 mos. Should they still get the 30mg?

melcvt00

Post   » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:46 am

Nope. Wasn't trying to suggest griseofulvin. It's kinda bad that it came across that way.

Charybdis

Post   » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:53 pm

Question about measuring dosage:

The packets contain 135mg of Program. Since we need 150mg for 5 pigs, I guess we are going to draw up 1 packet into a syringe and find out what the mg/ml ratio is.

Does anyone know if the remainder of the Program will keep or should it be discarded?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:22 pm

No idea. Advantage, on the other hand, doesn't even come with an expiration date and is good for quite a while (I wrote the company). Is there an expiration date on this product?

Charybdis

Post   » Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:27 pm

yep...8/04, but I'm not sure that means after opening.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:34 pm

Your best bet then is to contact the company and see if some exposure to air makes any difference at all. If it were me, I'd just go by that expiration date and handle it carefully.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:02 pm

Can Program and Ivermectin be given on the same day or should we wait? They just had their Ivermectin--topical.

melcvt00

Post   » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:12 pm

I'd go for it.

Foster

Post   » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:23 pm

I do it all the time.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:56 pm

No problem whatsoever.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:04 pm

Great. Thanks!

Charybdis

Post   » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:23 pm

what's the density of program. Since we dose in ml we need to know to calculate the dose.

This is Charandmin by the way.