I cannot believe I missed this

Evangeline

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:27 pm

Huh? What did you use to bathe them, then?

Do not take the entire cap off. this stuff needs to remain sealed if you want to keep it for an extended period of time.

I don't understand why you would want to dose orally if you can do it topically, which is easier AND effective agaibst all teh parasites you're rtying to get rid of.

*scratches head with a puzzled look on face*

truffie
I gave AGAIN, dammit!

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:45 pm

So I'm stuck unless I have a syringe with a needle? Where can I get one - fast? I hesitate to dose topically because I don't know if/how it will interact with whatever was in the shampoo that works on the lice. I'm afraid of over-treating their skin/fur, I guess.
This is becoming a total pain in the butt. The Ivermectin is sitting here and I can't get the damn stuff out of the bottle!

whittibo

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:55 pm

Don't worry about the needle. You don't need it today, I am going to send you one, I'll run it up to the post office today, you'll have it in 2-3 days. You don't need to treat them today anyway as they are only being treated as a precaution. Apples doesn't need her next dose for 7-10 days from Monday right? There's plenty of time!! You're fine, hang in there, you'll get it!

Evangeline

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:03 pm

But WHAT was in the lice shampoo if it wasn't Pyrethrin?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:03 pm

I hesitate to dose topically because I don't know if/how it will interact with whatever was in the shampoo that works on the lice.
Can you tell us exactly what shampoo you used and what was in it? I'm concerned because I can't think of a single thing, except lymdyp, that you might have used safely.

Evangeline

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:13 pm

Same here. 10$ on goddamned Pyrethrin.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:53 pm

Great pics, Whittibo! Okay if I add them to this post?

whittibo

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:37 pm

Absolutely Lynx. You're always welcome to my pictures. I wasn't sure anyone here would need them, but my diet member needed them badly as she couldn't understand what I was talking about.

truffie
I gave AGAIN, dammit!

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:49 pm

It was a Lyme Sulfur Bath. It was specifically used for the lice. The Ivermectin is for the mites. The vet is closed so I can't call and ask if it's okay to treat topically on top of the Lyme Sulfur stuff. But, even if I did reach him, he would have recommended dosing orally.

Whittibo, I know you said to use it full strength - do you know if that applies orally as well as topically?

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I just want to get the damn Ivermectin into the damn pigs and get this show on the road.

whittibo

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:58 pm

Well, I just found this info

https://www.guinealynx.info/ivermectin_oral.html

And now I am lost too. I haven't treated orally, so I don't know anything about it. But it does say to dilute it. :s

whittibo

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:09 pm

I want to post this here, hopefully someone can comment on this.

Apples was treated on Monday with Ivermectin. Monday she should get her second treatment which Truffie can give.

Snickers and Sugar (all these foods are making me hungry) were treated for their mild case of lice today with the bath.

Two possible solutions to get all the pigs on the same Ivermectin schedule.

1.) Have Snickers and Sugar wait 4 more days till they can be treated with topical Ivermectin, which would be the same day as Apples second treatment.

2.) Treat Snickers and Sugar today, and wait till day 10 to give Apples her second treatment, which would then be day 7 for Snickers and Sugar.

My personal feeling is this. Snickers and Sugar have little to no symptoms and were treated with the bath today, so that will provide some relief. But making Apples, who is worse off, wait the extra 3 days might not be in her best interest.

I know they have to be treated simultaneously, and that doesn't mean on the same exact schedule, but I think it would be way easier to have them all on the same schedule if at all possible.

I just don't know which schedule would be best at this point.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:09 pm

The ivermectin is fine to be used topically after a lymdyp bath.

That lymdyp is fantastic stuff, isn't it? Stinky as heck, but instant death to a bunch of nasties at once!