I cannot believe I missed this

whittibo

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:12 pm

MUM! Glad to see you! So what do you think about putting them on the same schedule? Does it matter?

Also, what do you know about orally, and mixing and everything? I am now very lost too, and don't know what else to offer Truffie!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:17 pm

Same schedule is always easiest. My brain is foggy, though, so there's now way I can work out what you you were saying about all the different pigs schedules :-p

I've never dosed orally - I always do it topically, either with injectable or pour-on. There's no problem doing it after lymdyp.

Topically works best for lice also, although the lymdyp will have taken care of them.

whittibo

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:20 pm

Lets see, I know I don't make since, I'll try again. To get them on the same schedule Truffie can;

1.) Dose the 2 pigs today and make Apples wait till day 10 for her second treatment.

2.) Wait 4 days to dose the new pigs that got baths today, start them on Monday when Apples gets her second treatment.

truffie
I gave AGAIN, dammit!

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:21 pm

That lymdyp is fantastic stuff, isn't it? Stinky as heck, but instant death to a bunch of nasties at once!
Yes!! I waited about 3 hours before picking up Apples, and by then she was dry and barely smelled, but I only left Snickers and Sugar about 1.5 hours today. When I picked them up they were still wet, and smell-y! When I hold Apples to give her AB's, my hands smell afterwards - and she was "dipped" 3 days ago!

BTW, Sugar also has mites. No evidence on Snickers of anything. All treatment of her is precautionary. I'm going every 7 days with Apples, cause her case is so severe.

I understand the oral dosing now - it's as I thought earlier - 9 parts Canola oil, 1 part Ivermectin, and dose according to chart, which I've printed out.

whittibo

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:25 pm

That bath stuff doesn't help mites then?!

Since Snickers doesn't have mites, I would wait to treat her on Monday when you give Apples her second dose. And give them both topically.

If Sugar is symptomatic with mites, it's a hard call to wait 4 more days till you give Apples and Snickers their dose?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:36 pm

Hmm, I don't remember if it treats mites. It might, actually. But not the eggs.

truffie
I gave AGAIN, dammit!

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:37 pm

Exactly. I don't want to postpone on Sugar, and if I start her today, I might as well start Snickers today. I am actually anal about remembering what to do on what dates, so it's no problem keeping them all straight. Actually, I will make notes on the calendar in my den. There is nothing else on it, except a picture of Shakira in a basket with 5 ducklings. The "master" calender is in the kitchen. That thing is loaded with stuff. I've made an executive decision - I will dose S + S today and 7 and 14 days hence. And probably 21 days hence, also. All this confusion has caused me to take on an Olde English manner of speaking.

whittibo

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:21 pm

Olde English is nice. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Thanks, Whittibo! I replaced the pics and will see if I can't put a link in the guide to your post in case someone needs more info.

truffie
I gave AGAIN, dammit!

Post   » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:37 am

I treated Snickers and Sugar topically last night. Got basically Sugar's whole dose behind her right ear; I didn't realize how small an amount there was. Part dripped on her ear and I wiped it off. I managed to get a very small drop behind her left ear. Snickers went better. It's very hard to comprehend that such miniscule amounts of the stuff will get rid of the mites, but, whatever.

whittibo

Post   » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:13 am

Before I dosed our pigs the first time, I sucked up some water and squeezed it out in my hand to make sure it was just a couple drops, and it was!

I also wear a glove on my left hand and rub the stuff in behind their ears. It's so little I don't think it matters if you do or not, but I always like the idea that I got it IN their skin.

So how is Apple doing these days??

truffie
I gave AGAIN, dammit!

Post   » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:44 pm

Apples seems okay - although she never "acted" sick in any way in the least. I am baffled at how little her condition bothered her. Today I took a look at her skin. She still has some scabbies and rough spots, but I'm sure that's normal. I need to try to find one of those really fine combs like the vet has; I'm dying to run it through her hair and get more of that loose dandruffy type stuff off. Their cage is spotless; just don't pay attention to the sulfur smell if you get too close!