Sal - lump under bottom left nipple

briana d

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:25 am

I'm definately having it analysed. I got a estimate for the whole thing and it was around $260. It will be money well spent. I'll update how everything goes after his surgery Monday.

lynnie

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:49 am

My first guinea pig Raisen had a tumor there and we had it removed. We never had it analyzed because the vet told us even if it was cancer there was nothing we could do.

Well, Raisen thrived after that for about 5 months until she passed away from kidney failure.

I hope this is not cancerous for your guy and that everything goes well.

Evangeline

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:38 pm

Yes, you can do something about cancer. The vet was wrong. Sometimes, more surgery will do the trick. Other times, meds will be indicated.

lynnie

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:45 pm

I was new to guinea pigs then and just took the vets word for it. Thanks for letting me know that it isn't a death sentence. God forbid it ever happens again, I now know that there are options to fight it.

briana d

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:04 pm

As I mentioned fluid was taken from Sal's lump to determine what it was. His whole nipple is very bruised now. Is it normal for there to be bruising where the needle was inserted?

melcvt00

Post   » Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:53 am

Many times, yes. It should go away in the next few days, like a bruise would in us.

briana d

Post   » Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:02 pm

I was told Sal's surgery went well. They are sending the tumor out and should have results on it at the end of the week. Hopefully it is not cancerous. They are keeping him overnight and he should be able to come home tomorrow.

Zoe

Post   » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:10 pm

Yeah, glad he came through okay. Keep us updated.

briana d

Post   » Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:09 pm

Zoe - email me. briana@pudgypiggy.com

briana d

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:46 am

Zoe - your emails have been bouncing back for two days just in case you didn't know.

briana d

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:29 am

Sal is now home. He is on the pink stuff - TMS for 10 days every 12 hours. He has about 12 staples on this tum that will be removed in 2 weeks. I don't like the staples - they look so uncomfortable. I'm worried that they are going to pop off.

pinta

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:39 am

Those staples aren't going anywhere.