Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:02 pm

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:06 pm

It sounds EXACTLY like a bird. Exactly.

leebee

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:23 pm

Once you hear it, a lightbulb goes on - "THAT'S what they were talking about!" Until you hear it, you think everything is a chirp but really, there's nothing like it.

Tammy

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:29 pm

OMG! wow... that really is a bird... hmm... no then, only Baby Kramer chirped when he was a baby but not any more.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:48 pm

lb... has your guy chriped again? Of course, Ginger has! She has lots of different tones these days. It is really quite melodic! the first time I heard it it was a strange, eerie sound. Now it's like, "Enough already!"

SandraVE

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:04 pm

I just played the link on Nina's chirping and turned it up on the computer. All the pigs ran into their huts, stuck their heads out and just froze and listened to it two times. Funny. I would say they definitely knew it was a guinea pig sound. They were mezmerized.

GuineaPigMan

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:13 pm

One of my pigs, Brownie, has only chirped once...at about 4 in the morning.

Gotta love 'em!

Clarasmom

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:22 pm

I think I read on Peter Gurney's site that the chirping is only done by some cavies and he thought it was as if they were giving a lecture. All the other pigs stand still and listen.
Sadly, our girls don't chirp yet. They were very mesmerized by the sound clip tho.

PinkBoi

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:54 pm

When hearing the sound clip, both of my guys kind of jumped up (and since they were eating veggies, you can imagine the impact it had) and froze. Flap ran to his safe place, and then turned back, listening to the chirping.

I love playing guinea pig-sounds to see how they react to it.

Slinky

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:21 pm

Damn. I decided to up my speaker volume, and see how my foster cavies reacted. Every one of them stopped dead in their tracks, and started looking around for the noise. Can't say they seemed very fond of it.

monique2

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:36 pm

Whoa là! I'm impressed - that really is a chirp. I call Elvis' vocalizing, chirping because it is rhythmic and pulsating, but much more regular and less musical than this sound. He usually does it when on our laps or shoulder or behind us on the back of the chair - sort of a " happy to be here" sound.

Slinky

Post   » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:06 pm

It had to happen eventually...

Just as my head hit the pillow last night, either Max or Riley started chirping. But if I moved at all, it stopped. Apparently, they don't like the idea of chirping to me.