I will take in Piggies

american_pitbull13

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:07 am

Hello ,
First of all I am not a mill or anything bad like that. Alot of people have been very rude to me and acused me of having bad intintions for the piggies, But I dont. I just have alot of room and alot of time to help out homless guinea's. And just to put it short I just love all animals. I will take in any unwanted Guinea Pigs, Rabbits, Ratties,and Mice. I also do buy babys or adults for sale. Unless I just have to many for me to properly take care of then I will always take them in. I will also buy cages. Any cages help to home these critters. Also people say bad things about my name. I have an American Pitbull Breeding Kennel. I only breed my pitbulls when I have several requests for puppys. Any extra pups are put up for sale. I occasonally Breed my small animals, but not often. None of my rescues or any other animals for that matter will be sold for feeders or any illegal , or abusive purposes. All animals are provided with top health care and lot and lots of love. Thanks for your time. E-mail me for any question.
:-)

Holly
Volkswagen Kennels
L.M.A Small Animal Shelter

melcvt00

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:02 am

It's cheaper if you build cages. http://www.cavycages.com

Teresa

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:11 am

You have a lot of room--but not enough for larger cages? And a lot of time, therefore you don't work. So you must be quite well off or are being supported by someone.

You breed. You buy animals. hmmm.

I see in your profile, you are from Oroville. You really must invite Josephine over to come see your animals. If you are willing to have her over for a visit (she's in your town), that would put to rest any of my concerns. She is quite awesome and might be able to provide you with some tips.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:20 am

If Josephine had the time or inclination.

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:43 pm

You breed. You buy animals. hmmm.
Yuck.

You know, I think it's time for a thread in the placement forum about how to find a responsible rescue, ie. how to distinguish between breeder/collectors and someone who is actually taking steps to help the problem instead of making it worse.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:48 pm

Hear, hear. If we are going to hold places like the ASPCA to high standards, so should one be able to distinguish between a legitimate rescue and one that is not.

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:50 pm

I'd be happy to start the thread, but I'd like some input first. No sense getting eveyone upset if my standards aren't theirs.

But I do know what will be number one on the list, though:

1) Responsible rescuers don't breed.

american_pitbull13

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:46 pm

First of all if that person that lives in this town would like to come check out my animals then that is fine.And I do breed my guineas and rats so that I can keep one or more babys out of there line. I love my animals and would always like to have a piggies or rattie from there line.And there is an big difference in me breeding all my animals and having occasonal litter to keep ther lines moving on. And I never said I was an all out rescue I just said that I can rescue unwanted guineas. A rescue takes in the guineas until they can rehome them ,and I take in the guinea and keep them for my pets.But if you people would rather just put me down and be rude before even asking me anything thats fine. I just though you mit like to have someone to take care of the guinea's instead of them in the pound/petstore/or having to be put down.you guys really should ask questions first.none of my animals live out side they all live in our spear bedroom (which is all for them and my computer is in there so I can play with them when I am online) They all get proper food, medical, treats, and care. And I didnt ask for any animals I just dont want to see them have to be somewhere they cant call a home.

american_pitbull13

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:49 pm

I never said I didnt have room for bigger cages. I have plenty of room for large cages but having only a few in a smaller cage instead of a lot in a big cage is easier to clean and keep maintanied

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:18 pm

Some rescues have severe size limitations. I think Charybdis brought up this subject partly because the identification of some other "rescue" is bothering her.

The post you start (Charybdis) should be along the lines of an ideal rescue. No names named. People can make of it what they wish. Not all people will feel it necessary to find and adopt from such a rescue, but many may.

american_pitbull13, there are people who should never have animals. I don't think this is specifically directed at you, although there are people who are completely against breeding guinea pigs at all. I have no idea what you are talking about by continuing a "line". There is absolutely no need for a guinea pig to procreate. There are enough "lines" already. Guinea pigs no matter what their parentage are all dolls.

american_pitbull13

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:37 pm

Buy lines I dont mean any special ped. just that I will have 2 guineas or rats that I just love that I know will not grace me with there love forever and I would like to have one of there children to take over for them. And I only have 2 guinea pigs,I got my male from my neighbor because they where allergic. and I got my female because I really love rose haired guineas and she was the only one rose haired one left. She was pregnant when I bught her. I DID NOT BREED HER. I have 3 mice, and 5 rats. 1 cat and 4 pitbulls.All animals are inside only exept the dogs. I will not risk them hurting any of my little animals. I f anyone has any question plz ask you dont have to be rude and acuse me of things that I am not.

Holly

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:44 pm

It seems you are rather defensive.

If you love your animals, you will indeed not breed them. The risks are high in these little guys -- lots of complications, many sad story. One of them was how one longtime member wanted another girl as sweet and loveable as she was. And instead lost her.

Pregnancies are very hard on guinea pigs. If you do some research you will find out why it is never advised.