Muffin has a lump

Zoay

Post   » Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:31 pm

Apologies this got posted twice by accident.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:43 pm

Hi, Zoay. It looks like the board software or the site is messing up the posts.

I wrote you but don´t know if you got it. The duplicate post you put up was empty (no text -- don´t know how this can happen) and this one didn´t describe your problem.

I had moved both of the posts to the maintenance forum to be deleted later and hoped you would try to post again. Since you haven´t posted, I´m sticking this back in hopes you will be able to describe your problem on this thread.

Sorry it has been difficult to get your question posted.

Lynx
Last edited by Lynx on Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imanut4u

Post   » Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:30 pm

I think Jackie might be Zoay -- this was posted on Acme -- forgive the crosspost if I´m wrong!!!

Earlier today I noticed that Muffin, a male, neutered, almost 2 years old, house guinea pig, has a lump. It’s on his abdomen, just proximal to the left nipple. The lump is about 3x3 cm, and soft. I half wondered if it was an abscess, but it’s not hot or particularly red and does not seem to be tender to touch. If it were on a human, I would wonder if it were a lipoma. He is eating well and acting normally. I’ll ring the vets in the morning, but would be glad of any of your ideas. Thanks,

Jackie

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:16 pm

A vet sounds like a good idea. I imagine people mentioned the possibility of a fatty deposit , a sebaceous cyst. Other than an abscess or a more rare cancerous growth, that´s the only other thing I can think of. I think I posted a picture of Pinta´s lumpy pig. I´ll see if I can track it down.

-------------------------

I tracked down the picture of the lumpy pig and a description of some lumps in another that turned out to be sebaceous cysts (I think). Check out this thread:

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/threa ... &boardid=2
Last edited by Lynx on Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.