I will take in Piggies

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:41 am

Yup. Guess I won't be going to that house. Still no sign of whoever that was. I will keep an ear out over here, though.

Pinta, I'm sure it is a requirement for them to at least be able to spell the word! I was thinking that earlier. In any case, I think we did show that there are many missing or uncredible pieces to the puzzle.

pinta

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:43 am

Hmmm - I was just going by what she said here - turns out the name was useful for recognition after all.

Posted on this site? Sounds like sh'es offering them for sale and indeed she does call herself a "lil guinea rescue".

Teresa

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:44 am

Chary: Excellent thread. Lynx you should make that one a sticky.

Charybdis

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:46 am

Thanks. It's exasperating watching these breeder/collectors pop up all over calling themselves "rescues."

pinta

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:56 am

We are in the process of moving

I just have alot of room and alot of time to help out homless guinea's.

And I am 17 and it is my house.

I am 17 and I have my own house my mommy does not support
me. I have been emansipated for over a year. I work for my self and pay for everything my
self.

I dont breed for the fact that i cant stand to part with
the babys.

I occasonally Breed my small animals, but not often. None of my rescues or any other animals for that matter will be sold for feeders or any illegal , or abusive purposes.

And I do breed my guineas and rats so that I can keep one or more babys out of there line.

I have never breed my guinea pigs like I said she was pregnant when I got her.

And there is an big difference in me breeding all my animals and having
occasonal litter to keep ther lines moving on. And I never said I was an all out rescue I just
said that I can rescue unwanted guineas. A rescue takes in the guineas until they can
rehome them ,and I take in the guinea and keep them for my pets

"We are the process of moving" and "it's my house" - apparently it won't be her house for long....

Hmmmm so many holes in her story it could be used to strain spaghetti.

Charybdis

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:59 am

mmmmmm.....spaghetti....good idea. I'm going to go make some.

GuineaPigMan

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:06 am

LOL Pinta that was good.

sillycavies

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:33 am

I usually just lurk here, enjoying all the good advice, but american pitbull does sound suspicious. Here is what I found on Cavy Madness:

Author Comment
american pitbull13
(2/12/03 4:43:59 pm)
Reply new rescue
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
I am new to this site. I am a lil guinea rescue and I also will buy any unwanted guinea pigs. Well I dont know if I classify as a rescue but I breed my guinea pigs ( not the rescues) and there babys will be posted on this site. I also breed rabbits and rescue any that are homless or unwanted. You can e-mail me at american_pit13@hotmail.com if you have any questions. We are located in california and will pick up almost any rescue that is in california. We will pay for shiping on the others.

This person is saying they're in CA there and OH here? Something is wrong, and I wouldn't trust someone who doesn't know where they live with something as precious as a guinea pig's life. I have 2 boars of my own, and love them dearly.

As for being 17 and supposedly having one's own home and business (this person claimed to be self-employed), not likely. I'm glad there are people out there like the majority on this site who truly care about piggies and question posters like that one.

Slinky

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:49 am

Unless she's a prostitute, but I won't go any further into that theory...
Guess I won't be going to that house.
Because of the lousy story or because you've lost contact? I'd think that this BS story we've heard should be reason enough to want to go to this girl's house, to take a look at what's going on. It could be another Hollister in the making, and the sooner it's stopped, the better for everyone involved.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:02 am

I just want to know what Lynx meant by the rescue (think aliens) comment??

CenterFielderNo5

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:08 am

It means she thinks I'm out of my mind!

sillycavies

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:09 am

I think I got something confused about american_pitbull's residency. For some strange reason (too lazy to put on bifocals) I thought this person had shifted states as well as storyline. I can be a bit dangerous with the late hour/no glasses combo. LOL However, I noticed that someone on Cavy Madness put up a troll alert on this one as well. I hope this helps keep piggies in need out of that person's hands. Granted there are many piggies who need homes, but not that home. Until I saw this site, I had no idea there were so many rescues out there! I live in Texas, where there aren't too many guinea pig rescues, but I'd definitely adopt rather than shop now!