Sal - lump under bottom left nipple

Becky

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:46 am

A bit off topic but...

Do all boars produce these gigantic poops? I've noticed that Elvis lays a few down every day.

Briana, I hope Sal does really well. That looks like a nice, clean incision.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:54 am

We had an indepth discussion once, with pictures. Apparently those devils (the boars) do produce long poops. I think it's to enable more variety in designing jewelry.

Briana, can I copy your pic to the forum?

melcvt00

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:28 am

That incision looks great!

briana d

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:15 am

Lynx - Yes feel free to copy the picture.

lisam

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:30 am

Wow! What a big incision! It looks nice and clean.

SandraVE

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:32 am

Aww, poor little guy. I sure hope he's doing better.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:00 pm

Thanks, Briana. I cropped it so it would take less room (it's in your original thread now).

Zoe

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:11 pm

Those staples have never bothered my guys and they are so easy to take out with the special staple remover. Dr. Murray does a nice job, eh? If I hadn't found Dr. Murray, I probably wouldn't have gone so gung-ho on the guinea pig herd here. Before him, it was so sketchy going to the vets... and they always ended up trying to get him on the phone anyway for a consultation. I went through hell will Zoe, for years... worrying about if I was getting her issues properly diagnosed and then treated efficiently.

My compliments to Sal on his impressive poops. My girls make plump ones... but not so long! Hope the lab results come soon and give you good news!

briana d

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:12 pm

Sal lost a whole pound after his surgery. Do you think that is most likely because the mass was removed. He's been eating his pellets, veggies and drinking water. Just want to check.

SandraVE

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:14 pm

Briana, what is his current weight?

briana d

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:49 pm

His current weight is 1339 grams. On 2/25/2003 he was 1458. Difference of 119. Maybe he didn't loose and much as I thought.

SandraVE

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:57 pm

There are approximately450g/ lb. If he lost 119 g, he lost approx. 4.2 ounces. (28g = 1 ounce - this is approximate)

If he weighs 1339g, he weighs almost 3 lbs. That's still a big pig.