WARNING: "Rollin' The Hay" hay dispenser - SUPER

whittibo

Post   » Fri May 12, 2006 10:43 pm

I looked at those before but always wondered how they would get the hay out if the thing was rolling around. Why not just dump it in a big pile to be sure they are eating a lot.

I know I would have bought it when we first got Angel if I would have seen it, just because it was all about 'cute stuff' back then. :s

Kellyjo

Post   » Fri May 12, 2006 10:58 pm

I just toss my hay in the cage my pigs like to do what they want with it. Usually hide in it or lay on it while eating.

slfalzone

Post   » Fri May 12, 2006 11:15 pm

Man, I nearly bought one of those! Thanks for the info!

somechick

Post   » Sat May 13, 2006 12:36 pm

I bought one of these too. Piggie Crocket (on the left) managed to open it up and climb inside of it as well. He didn't get stuck or hurt be cause she's still a baby, but that thing went in the trash within days.

PiggieMamma
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat May 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Yes, I'd bought one too. I set it up and watched as my lil guy desperatley pawed at it get hay. It looked as if he'd get his lil feet caught in the wires. While I watched him I couldn't help but think, "I am so retarded to have bought this big, bulky, scary thing". I threw it away.

Poor Baby Cuzko
My piggy made me give!

Post   » Sat May 13, 2006 10:38 pm

If it was me, I would have returned it and complained to the manager on how dangerous the item is.

guineagal92

Post   » Sat May 13, 2006 10:49 pm

Someone else mentioned this, but I also put my hay in a toilet paper roll sometimes. He loves it! After he's done with the hay, he chews on the roll. It's great!

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Sat May 13, 2006 10:53 pm

Maybe Lynx can post that pic again of her pig in the toilet paper roll?

kazmeyer

Post   » Sat May 13, 2006 11:06 pm

Last edited by kazmeyer on Sat May 13, 2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kazmeyer

Post   » Sat May 13, 2006 11:07 pm

Stupid, stupid computer! Bad! Double post! No cookie!

klynne

Post   » Sun May 14, 2006 1:13 am

If anyone gets the round willow rings and wreaths, cut those in two also before giving them.