Older sow losing weight

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 23, 2006 3:01 pm

Sorry, yes she does make chewing motions. What I meant was she didn't have to actually chew the critical care to eat it - if that makes sense!

I got her front lower incisors clipped down by about 1/3 just now. We'll see if that makes any difference.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue May 23, 2006 3:07 pm

I hope that helps. : )

I think they make the chewing motion to help with the swallowing. My piggies do that whenever they are fed their Ivomec.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed May 24, 2006 3:52 pm

Goldie does seem more comfortable, even though she can't eat any better than before. I'm not surprised by that, though, because of the amount taken off the lower incisors, but at least they're not hitting the roof of her mouth anymore.

I'll be handfeeding her until the appt. on June 10, but this morning I soaked some alfalfa pellets in warm water and put them in the cage for a treat:

They seem to be a hit with everybody!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed May 24, 2006 3:55 pm

Aren't they cute. Spot is getting in on the food-action, too!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 30, 2006 11:32 pm

Well, now I'm totally effed.

Dr. Lyons has cancelled all his appointments for June and won't be in town until sometime in July - maybe.

We really need a good pig dentist in town - full time.

klynne

Post   » Tue May 30, 2006 11:40 pm

Oh, crap. Sorry.

Fweeprluvr

Post   » Wed May 31, 2006 1:32 am

Well, that sucks! What about Dr. Ridgeway. Being known as a piggy doctor, he must have experience with teeth.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed May 31, 2006 1:39 am

Yup, that's all I can do now.

Now to find the time when I can drive the 2 hours (at least) to see him and get back in time to pick Emma up from school.

Fweeprluvr

Post   » Wed May 31, 2006 1:48 am

If you just kidnapped one of them and kept them in your basement, it would make things much easier. :-)

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed May 31, 2006 3:35 pm

Lawomans has come to the rescue and is taking Goldie down to Dr. Ridgeway on Friday.

Since I'm away this weekend, Lawomans is also going to look after Goldie in case she needs to be handfed.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed May 31, 2006 5:55 pm

I am so sorry for your frustration and running around Mum......
Yeah for LAwomans, such a wonderful friend, and this way, you can forgo the kidnap scheme too! : )

LAWomans
"Live Long and Prosper"

Post   » Wed May 31, 2006 6:13 pm

Oh, I don't know...Dr. Ridgeway is kind of cute, and Dr. Beeder isn't bad, either...that kidnapping idea has some merit!!!!! Since Mum has already paid for an x-ray machine, he could have an extension practice from her house....:)

Besides, I have ulterior motives...Goldie is sweetheart so I get to have extra snuggles with her!