My Cavy Slavedom- A History

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:27 pm

I like happy endings but sometimes we have to go through the sad times to enjoy the happy times even more.

So we will be awaiting your next installment, first let me get my box of tissues. Ok, got them.

Momo I wish we lived closer than 3,000 miles away so we can share the box of tissues.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:28 pm

Dear Barbara, worry not here I come with my box of tissues.
Due to some post-op meds, I can’t drive yet…
And the airlines won’t allow my piggies on those planes…

So here I come running, with my box of Kleenex and piggies in tow.
I should be there about … oh… July 2047.

Ok cavykatie, let’s get a move on the story already. : )
You are a wonderful piggy mommy, and you should take pride in it.

cavykatie

Post   » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:55 am

Okay okay okay, I promise I will update by Saturday. I have been a busy lady and now I am a kinda sick lady. But I will stay true to my loyal readers. All... six of you. *wink*

If you're lucky. Tee hee.

xlemonxheadx07x

Post   » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:39 am

make that seven. Im hooked

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:43 pm

Xlemonxheadx07x, please read this post:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 711#826711
If you take the time to use proper captalization and punctuation, it makes posts so much more readable.
Thanks!

LynniePig

Post   » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:52 am

I'm reading too! Hope you're well enough to update us on Saturday.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:58 pm

Yeah... don’t worry about us, just leave us waiting and hoping till then.
I've got plenty of nails to bite anyways..
((is it Saturday already?))

JodiMN

Post   » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:33 pm

What, the other 3 of us are chopped livah?

cavykatie

Post   » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:00 am

Sudden Sorrow

The afternoon of February 4, 2005, I left for work at a quarter to two. All the piggies were munching happily as I walked out.

At about 10:45pm I arrived back home. I went into my room and looked at the cages. I noticed Chloe seemed to be lying down, she was partially hidden by a towel hanging down from the half-level. I reached over to wake her up, but she didn't respond. I recolied my hand in horror. She was dead.

I started crying hysterically and screaming "no" over and over again. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I was in shock. She was barely a year old and had shown no signs of illness. For at least ten minutes I cried. I called my mother and could barely get the words out. I was hyperventilating so much that I became physically sick. I felt like I was being crushed.

I got myself together enough to realize I had to put her in the refrigerator if I wanted a necropsy done. It was awful lifting her lifeless body out of the cage. She felt so small and flat, as if she had been deflated. I guess in a way she had. Georgia stood by her and looked confused. She kept sniffing, wondering why there was no response.

The next day was Superbowl Sunday. I am a huge football fan, and my home team was in the game. It was a mark of how much my grief had consumed me when I didn't even really care when they won. I watched the game feeling numb. Thankfully my boss was kind enough to let me have the day off.

My birthday was 10 days later, on the 15th, so my 'birthday present' was Chloe's necropsy. It was decided she had suffered from congenital kidney disease and her kidneys couldn't hold on any longer. I felt immense guilt for almost the next year. How could I not have noticed? Now, I understand that there really wasn't anything I could have done. Chloe was fated to have a short life, I'm so grateful that I was lucky enough to have her at all.

She was my beautiful California girl.

This last photo had the honor of being the February photo in the GL calendar. It was sadly fitting, not only because it was the month Chloe passed but the caption read "Mercedes and Chloe part ways".

Rest In Peace My Darling.

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:09 am

That is so sad, Chloe sounds like she was a very sweet pig. I actually lost my hamster, Sugar on Feb. 5 of last year-an odd coincidence!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:09 pm

Oh dear, cavykatie, I am so sorry you had go through that.
It is always painful to lose a beloved pet, and it always take forever for us to get over the loss and remorse.

Chloe was a special piggy, and you were her lovely mommy. She had a loved and joyful life with you, and I am sure she went with a little smile…

Felling guilty ad inadequate is never the less a part of the process we got through, but cavykatie, you are an excellent piggy mommy, and you provided everything that Chloe would have asked and dreamed... Dump the guilt; be proud of yourself, and may the fact that Chloe had a happy life because of you bring you some comfort.

Tons of hugs for you today, momo
Ps. Check your email.

cavykatie

Post   » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:00 am

I meant to post a thank you on here for the e-mail. It was very sweet!

I think I scared everyone else off with my sad installment.

A Birthday Suprise

I felt bad seeing Georgia all alone in her cage. My birthday was coming up on Feb. 15th, and so my Dad suprised me with a special birthday present. I named her Manteiga, which is Portuguese for butter.

I was feeling rather emotional at the time, so even though he had gotten her from a petstore, I decided I couldn't send her back to that place. After a couple weeks of quarentine I introduced her to Georgia. things went very well. There was minimal rumbling. Mostly a lot of chasing and butt sniffing on Georgia's part.

They became good buddies.

And they have been happy ever since.