New To Guinea Lynx

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:43 pm

Ack, I missed the part about the insecticide. Yes, very good point - I would bath also!

Amy, that's ok - I knew you were having a senior moment (I'm quite familiar with those)!

skooters mommy

Post   » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:04 pm

Hello and welcome! Can't wait to see some pics of your piggie!

Skeeter-and-Me

Post   » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:17 pm

Thank you gals so much for all the info. I did bathe him yesterday and all these eggs were in the water and I brushed him with a flea comb and then I slicker bush like dael and after I dries him I checked to see if I could see anymore bugs and they were gone, eggs and all so I hope that I got rid of them. I got Skeeter a new cage last night and he has been doing the popcorn thing alot, it's so funny to watch!!! He seems so much happier and more lively after his bath. I am looking forword to watch him grow and us to beome even closer. Yesterday when I would pet him, I think he was purring because he was going to sleep and making a quiet humm like noise. Hope it was a good one and not one trying to say get the hell off me. I will try to get my camera working so that I can share him.

mooser

Post   » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:33 pm

Still apply the advantage. The bath won't have gotten all of the lice.

Skeeter-and-Me

Post   » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:34 pm

Should I do it today or wait a few days?

mooser

Post   » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:36 pm

I think it'd be good to do it today, but wait for someone else to post.

Skeeter-and-Me

Post   » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:44 pm

I will thankz

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:54 pm

Yes, do it today. Trouble is it won't get rid of mites, and if he has lice I'm betting he has mites too.

PiggieMamma
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:36 pm

*On another note, about the Hylyt shampoo, I love it! They also have one that's formulated for itchy skin that has collodial (sp?) oatmeal. Have never used it for the pigs, but thought about it for my allergic dog.

Hope your pig's feeling better, and welcome to GL!

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:38 am

Welcome! How's Skeeter?

Skeeter-and-Me

Post   » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:07 pm

He is doing very well thank you. He hides in his cage when anyone else goes to see him but when mommy is home he can't wait to get lovin' and run around I am in the process of fixing my digital camera so that I can get some pictures of him on here for everyone tp see. He's so cute and I am so glad that I got him and hopefully on thursday(payday) I can go find him a cage mate so he won't be lonely while I am at work. I just hope that I can find a healthy one so that I do not have to go though all of this agian. I really not sure where to find one though, there are no rescues around here and I dont want to get another from the same nasty pet store. If anyone knows of someone near or in Hopkinsville,Ky that might have some for adoption or sale please let me know.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:21 pm

Have you tried www.petfinder.com and www.cavyrescue.com classifieds? Post in placement forum here too.