Ack! Why did Jackie lose weight?

lisam

Post   » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:06 am

Did you ever decide to get him neutered? I don't know if it would have any effect. Is it an immune system thing? Have you ever had any of the pus/discharge biopsied? Can you show us a photo?

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:27 am

I've been having money problems. Hopefully if I get this new job I'm applying for I'll have enough money to get him fixed and have a vet look at the butt zits.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:57 pm

I take it these are like Snowflake's butt zit? Jeeps. No idea what would slow it down. I take it none are infected?

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:51 pm

By Snowflake's butt zit, do you mean the trichofolliculoma? These are more like ordinary whitehead zits. The only difference is that there doesn't seem to be any covering over the white "head", and, when squeezed gently, they squirt out large amounts of butt-smelling white stuff with the consistency of toothpaste. Jackie does not like this.

He also has the zits with runnier yellow stuff that smells fouler. These are inside his anal sac and more closed off, while the white ones are more on the outside, and less closed off (the white ones are less like gunk filling a space, and more like gunk oozing out a hole perpetually; the yellow ones are more like gunk filling a space). The white ones are especially prevalent in the skin folded up around his penis.

Gosh, Jackie's butt sounds like a circus of horrors, doesn't it? I cleaned it today so pictures wouldn't show it as clearly.

Brimstone
For Rocky

Post   » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:42 pm

Rocky had about 3-5 "butt zits" at any given time. I used to press hot compresses to them to clean them out. Vets looked at his butt several times and weren't too concerned, except for the one time his anal gland openings were clogged. That time they hot packed the gland openings.

Have you seen the section on the Impaction page where I explain how I used to clean Rocky's butt? I found a warm water flush to be better for cleaning him out than mineral oil and QTips. That page also contains lovely, full-color photos of poor Rocky's butt - alas that's his legacy to the world!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:56 pm

Salana, have you ever heard of the things humans use to suck out black heads? A tube that creats a vacuum I think and presses on the outside of it? I wonder if it would help him and be less painful. I don't know exactly what they look like or where you'd get them but hopefully someone knows what I mean. I'll bet a warm butt soak would help soften things up.

Yeah, Snowflakes seemed to be more inside and the cap of skin came off revealing the stuff inside. There is a link somewhere of a vet removing a sebaceous cyst. One of the keys in the description was also surgically removing the lining of the pore -- kind of pulling and twisting it out. I wish I could point you toward them.

Yeah, Brimstone's pics are da bomb.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:15 pm

Jackie is now at Dr. Pilny's to be neutered tomorrow. I took him today for a checkup and they suggested I leave him overnight so I wouldn't have to travel back and forth, since they had an opening for surgery tomorrow.

I hope my little stinker does okay.

ellenvega
Skol Pigs!

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:23 pm

Good luck to Jackie!

LER

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:25 pm

I'll be thinking of Jackie!!

lisam

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:24 pm

Whoohoo, Jackie! Here's to a quick recovery.

SylvesterPiggie

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:55 pm

Good thoughts!

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:31 pm

Sending good thoughts and well wishes for Jackie.