Isaac and Polly- A Love Story

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Thu May 11, 2006 8:58 am

Adorable picture!

Sparkles N Daisy

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:07 pm

LAWomans, I just read your chronicle -- too cute. Isaac is a big boy! And Polly Anna Princess absolutely looks in love with him. A true love story. I'm so glad I got to see them finally.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:26 pm

Such a heart-warming story.
But what you mean THE END?
I mean this should be like an installment to a series of mini-stories right?

Ps. I am sure Emma loves all the piggies that come through Mum's doors! : )

My5CrazyCavies

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm

That has got to be one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:04 pm

What a gorgeous picture! Polly and Isaac look so content and peaceful. A great story too!

LAWomans
"Live Long and Prosper"

Post   » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:24 pm

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all of the kind words. I will continue the story. Polly and Isaac are still an item. They live below Eloise and Muffin, who were wondering what that brown blur (Polly running laps and chirping), is who makes so much noise.

So, I decided to introduce Isaac and Polly to Eloise and Muffin a few weeks ago. I thought this would be a great idea....they could have a bigger cage, Polly could harass the other girls, Isaac would have 3 girls to stalk (except he has been neutered so long, I don't think he knows exactly why he is following them), you know all of those great ideas we have for our animal friends.

I put them all in a large x-pen, with several pigaloos, veggies, etc.
Isaac, Eloise and Muffin all hid out while Polly was the social butterfly and visited everyone. Things were definitely looking good.

I figured, even if they only visited together when I cleaned their cages, it would enhance their lives. And make it easier for me...Little did I know!

Mum had always said Polly got along with everyone, so this was encouraging. The following week, I repeated the process. Well, Isaac went visiting this time and Polly had a fit!! She attacked Eloise, who is twice her size! I had to separate them, so I put a divider between them so they could still see each other. Bad idea! Good grief, Polly went after Isaac and Muffin and Eloise started fighting. Who says animals don't get possessive?

Polly is still small and petite compared to the other pigs and is a chirper. She does this at 3:30 in the morning and keeps everyone awake, including me. She chases poor Isaac all over the place and reminds me of the Pirates of the Caribbean where the sailors are chasing the wenches, except the other way around. I think she adores Isaac, even though he is a bit slower and older and he is like a grumpy old man (like the one on Laugh In). Isaac enjoys watching Polly run laps around the cage as long as she isn't poking him in the butt and making him do it! They always sleep together.

Isaac likes to eat in the pigaloo so Polly can't take his food. Polly likes to rearrange the furniture which is a problem since she moves the pigaloo around when Isaac is napping (which is often) and he can't find the door. Ah, young love!!!

To be continued.....

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:44 am

LAWomans, you have such a charming way with words, and the way you described their love (or the lack of on Isaac's part) cracks me up. : )

Oh yeah, you have a attitude piggy there too!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:49 am

Isaac adores Polly. She's just a pain in the butt sometimes :-p

But they both love each other - and she will fight for her old guy!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:54 am

Oh Mum, be careful there!
I can already see Polly poking her head out of her cage and screaming "who you calling a pain in the butt?" at you already...

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:55 am

Too right. And at 3am right after she's woken up LAwomans with her chirping.

Isaac will be hiding in his own pigloo with his paws over his ears :-p

I think Eloise wants to know who's having fun in the downstairs cage!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:01 am

I should go make a note in my journal that LAwomans would like some ear-plugs for Christmas!

I hope they come in piggy size too, so I can also grab some for Isaac and Eloise. : )

LAWomans
"Live Long and Prosper"

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:20 pm

You guys are too funny! Piggy ear plugs! The girls and Isaac are asking Momo for their Christmas present early!

I think Polly will always be small, but she is a very cute pain in the butt (literally for Isaac).

When I first saw her I thought she was a bit plain looking but as Mum says, it's a good thing she has so much personality, because she looks a lot like a rat!

I think she is related to Yoda with those ears. They stick straight out from her head.

No chirping this morning so everyone got enough sleep. My boss wonders why I keep coming in to work so sleep deprived....If she only knew! She likes animals but thinks of my rabbits as part of the "cycle of life", and therefore they are part of the food chain. She is very good about giving me time off when I call in about my animal emergencies, however. Everyone I work with have children emergencie; I have animal ones.:)

This chirping is really odd. Polly will just suddenly burst into "chirp", for no apparent reason. She sort of starts by winding up with another noise almost like teeth chattering, then starts chirping like a bird. I think she is actually entertaining herself as well as calling the "Mother Ship". :) Gee, now I have Barbara Streisand in my bedroom...next thing you know, Muffin will want a piano so she can be her own Stevie Wonder. She already asked Mum for sunglasses like his and has been practicing with a piece of oat hay as a white cane. These guys will work it anyway they can!