My 30th Birthday Present

LER

Post   » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:59 pm

So cute!!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:04 pm

I love the homemade party hat, and how sweet she looks wearing it!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:23 pm

That is so sweet, I mean what can be better than a homemade party hat for a piggy?
A home-made party hat with TOMATOES on it!
I will definitely give you a call when my piggies' birthday/anniversary comes around.

JD 2 Be

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:48 pm

Ilan would glady make party hats for pigs. He's my artist, and it was his idea to make her a hat. :)

JD 2 Be

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:59 pm

And then I go and delete the wrong picture. Remind me not to clean up my Photobucket account.

That was such a cute b-day picture, I'm reposting it. :)

JD 2 Be

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:32 pm

Kids and pigs

Jocelyn is 15 months old now and well aware of those furry little things in the cage by the TV. She's also very aware of the big bag of hay just under the cage. She can now undo twist ties. I come in from doing laundry to find the bag of hay open, handfuls on the floor, a pile in the cage, two excited pigs, and one grinning baby. I wish I could have gotten pictures. I did get pictures of her feeding them during playtime.

She calls them "pwetties" and coos at them. Cloudy will come over to lick her fingers, which makes her giggle.

The other kids love the pigs and haven't lost interest after a year of having them. Brendan lives with my parents now, since the constant noise of the younger children sends him into sensory overload due to his Asperger's. But he loves holding them and asking how they're doing when he comes over.

Ilan is my helper. He notices when they're low on food and water, and will fill water bottles and food bowls on his own. I'm so proud of him. He loves to hold the pigs and will help me watch them when they're out for playtime. I think he's going to be a dedicated pet owner someday. Cloudy is his favorite because of her smooth coat.

Maddie treats the guinea pigs like babies. She keeps wanting to hold them up on her shoulder to burp them. I have to remind her to keep the pig she's petting on her lap, but she's getting better. She is nothing but gentle with them, I've never had to talk to her about being rough with the pigs. She helps me watch them when I clean the cage. I put them in the pet carrier and Maddie stares at them through the door. You never know when they might try to escape! Feeding them veggies is fun, too! Both the kids get excited when they hear the piggies start to wheek or when the pigs actually take something from their fingers.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:49 am

What great kids! I always like your cute pictures :)

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:34 pm

Your kids are just so cute with the piggies, and not mention so gentle and loving with them. I love the picture of Jocelyn feeding Cloudy, both of them looks so comfy and happy with each other. : )