Ack! Why did Jackie lose weight?

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:11 pm

Hoping for a good update on him today!

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:09 pm

Jackie is home. He looks very uncomfortable and sleepy, but he tore into some leaf lettuce.

lisam

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:56 pm

What kind of pain meds is he on?

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:24 pm

He got a shot of buprenorphine this morning, which I think contributed to sleepiness, and he's on Metacam. I have him in his recovery cage (basically his same section of cage, only with towels instead of carefresh) and he made himself at home and is now eating hay. He had a huge glob of poops stuck together in his shrunken butt, but didn't seem interested in eating them.

He was definitely very glad to be home. Suzi was even sniffing him through the cage bars like she missed him or something.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:30 pm

I hope he recovers well and perks up soon. We need him chasin' his women!

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:03 am

He perked up a little much overnight. I woke up to find hay everywhere, poops everywhere, pellets everywhere. Silly boar, you have an inch long incision in your abdominal wall! Stop running around trying to get to the womens!

Brimstone
For Rocky

Post   » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:24 pm

Suzi was even sniffing him through the cage bars like she missed him or something.

Or maybe he smells funny? Whenever one of our pets comes home from being at the vet, the other critters have to give him a thorough sniffing to see where he's been.

I hope Jackie recovers quickly and uneventfully.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:10 pm

Jackie is doing really well. He's eating and pooping like crazy, his incision isn't swollen or anything, and he seems pretty happy. Well, he'd be happier if he had more room to run around, but until his incision's 100% closed, I don't want him having more than his 1x2. He had Metacam for 5 days, and last night was his first night without it. No problems.

The silly pig doesn't seem to realize he has a hole in his abdomen and should maybe not try to climb his cage for veggies.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:13 pm

Great news about Jackie. I can't wait to hear about the introduction to his weemens. I predict fur will fly!

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:30 pm

Fur and quite possibly pee. He has a tendency to get squirted in the face from being too persistent. But maybe unspayed womens will be more receptive to his cheesy pickup lines.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:38 pm

How much do testicles weigh? He's dropped about 3 oz. since before the surgery.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:33 pm

Probably not 3 oz. I don't want to minimize the weight loss, but perhaps he's been eating less because of feeling bad. I forget, was he on ab's? How does he seem otherwise? Maybe he is craving peachy pellets.