Peanut

guineagal92

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:37 pm

It all started when I was born. My momma was decent, but I didn't stay with her to long. As soon as I was old enough someone look me away with my brothers and some male cousins, and we went to live in a place the humans call Petsmart. I don't know if them people were really PET SMART, but ya know. It was home. I had fun with my brother and cousins. I was happy. One thing made me miserable though- I sure scratched a lot!

I sat in that glass place for what felt like forever. Then a nice lady and man came, and took me to what was to be my third home. They played with me a lot when I first came home with them! Oh it was so fun! I felt truely loved! Then they went to work, and I just kinda sat there. In my tiny cage. But it was okay. Maybe my people would love me again someday.

But they never did. I was just a burden to them. The woman found out she was pregnant, and one month after they got me-put me in her hands and we went somewhere else. This time I was sad. And this place never felt like home. It was called a shelter. I had no brothers, and not a lot of humans.

Then another human came, I bet it was going to clean out my cage again. But who cares? I'd rather sit in my own stuff. These people don't care about me! But this human was different. She was gentle and loving with me. She didn't put me down on the floor right away. She held me. She kissed me. She LOVED ME! I was happy, and she could never leave me. I hid in the crook of her arm. She took me, and we left.

I was in a cage that was bigger than what I'd ever had before, but it was still kinda small. Oh well! SHE LOVES ME! She pets me everyday. I'm home. I have hay to munch on. I have cool water to sip. I have human contact. This place has to be my forever home. But what if she forgets about me? What if she goes away? What if she decides not to love me anymore?

One day-my human packs me up to go. She's still petting me tenderly, and loving me, but we're leaving. I thought she loved me. I can't start over again! For a three month old I've had a tramatic life! I thought she loved me.

We went back to the shelter place. I hated her. She was my human. How could she do this to me? She loved me. I was set down in the same pen that they always set me in when they cleaned my cage. But she was still there. She still petted me. I still hated her. She's going to leave me.

Then I saw the most beautiful thing ever. He was bigger than little old me-he was called Larry. He had just gotten to the sheler. After all the things he'd been through in life-he was still happy. I needed to be like him. I really liked him. He really liked me. My human was watching us so closely. She didn't leave me yet.

After a while, my human packed Larry and I up. At least he was going with me wherever I go now.

We came back to my cage! We were at my forever home. She still loved me. I loved her too! She didn't leave me or abandon me like everyone else in my life has. She showed me to Larry. I love him. He loves me. He's my best friend!

She treated us for mites, and we are beggining to be scratch free. She has expanded our cage, and has promised to make it even bigger STILL!

I love my human. She gave me a chance. I still live with her. She still loves me, and pays attention to me. She gave me Larry. I am so thankful. She saved my life, and tells me I add a lot to hers!

~save a life. adopt a shelter pet. love a shelter pet.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Sweet story! Now it needs a Peanut picture :)

guineagal92

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:08 pm

The loved Peanut:

His beloved Larry:

The Pair:

jaydee6561
Not a Fighter

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:58 pm

What great pigs you got! I'm glad they get along so well.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:01 pm

Larry and Peanut are just precious, I love those little guys. They have a nice life and it shows. Look at those happy faces.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:04 pm

Awww! I love Peanut's ears and Larry's sweater! And the cute noses :)

My5CrazyCavies

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:08 pm

Awww, those are such cute picture!

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:36 pm

What a nice and well told story. Sharon, you have a gift for story telling.

Please keep us informed on Peanut and Larry's progress in life.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:41 pm

Oodles of cuteness those 2!
Peanut has the most mischievous look, I just love him. : )
Oh how I envy you, piggies who loves one another…
*sigh*

guineagal92

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:29 pm

You should envy me! *Hee hee hee* Peanut is a very mischievious little guy. : P But he sure is a doll!

guineagal92

Post   » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:59 pm

continued...

My dear human told us one day that we were getting another brother. I did'nt know what that meant. "What's a brother?" I tried to ask, but she didn't understand.

She left again, and comes back with this funny looking fellow. She says "Boys! This is Sammy!"

"What's a Sammy?" I tried to ask. But again, she didn't understand. It's okay, I didn't expect her too.

I think Sammy's like me. He has crazy hair that goes everywhere though. He's smaller than Larry, but bigger than me. He's still a baby too...sorta. I talk to him quite a bit. But sometimes he ignores me. Other times he'll talk back. Larry hollers at him a lot. I think he's excited to meet Sammy. Our human says it will be a while...

STAY TUNED...in two weeks-Sammy (might) move in!

guineagal92

Post   » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:26 pm

Still waiting for Sammy. I don't know if I'm going to like him. My human says she's scrared, because we're both "two adolescent boars..." Whatever that means! I hope I like him. He's gotta be nice to me first though. I like Larry because he lets me push him around. He could crush me if he wanted to, but I'm the boss of this cage. My human also says that "a boar trio might be hard to achieve..." Whatever that means. She's getting nervous already, and I haven't even met the little guy. I bet I'll like him-I really do. I'll try to like him anyways.