Reba: Satin w/arthritis, bone loss, & teeth issues

luvmypigs2

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:06 am

I'm so sorry you lost her. She was well loved by you and your family. RIP little one.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:33 am

I'm so sorry. She was a beautiful girl who was very loved. Rest well Reba.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:43 am

I'm so sorry. You made her life so good--Suzi is still jealous of the Tomato World calendar pic.

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:45 am

Sleep well Reba. You were very loved in your life.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:49 am

I am so very sorry, mammabear66. I know you loved her to pieces. And when you care intimately for a guinea pig over such a long time you become much closer. I know you will miss her.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:57 am

Sorry babygirl. Bigfatlove to the daddybear.

lisam

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:48 am

I'm so sorry.

Becky

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:57 am

Oh, I'm very sorry you lost little Reba. It's very hard to loose them, as Lynx said, when you've spent so much time taking care of them.

I know this is a difficult time, but would you consider allowing your vet to do bone tissue samples? The vets are finally getting the message that there are problems with satins and the more information they have, the more we can help future pigs. Just something to consider.

Rest well, sweet Reba.

mammabear66
With a Touch of Insanity

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:45 pm

Thanks all.

We took her to the vet's office this morning to be cremated. The vet was unavailable but we were promised that she would be given our message offering for her to perform a necropsy or whatever else she felt she may want to do for educational purposes.

We let Radar say goodbye as he was her protector and had gotten upset when he heard her struggling. When we put him back in the cage he went inside Reba's pigloo and stayed there. He wouldn't even come out for their bedtime snack before I went upstairs and he refused the cherry I reached in with, even tho I know he loves cherries.

Rojita has been continually walking to the door of the pigloo and looking in today. There is nobody there anymore for her to bully and steal from. None of the four wheeked for veggies this morning.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:19 pm

It's a sad time for all -- animals and humans alike miss Reba.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:26 pm

I'm sorry, Mammabear66

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:32 pm

I'm so sorry Mammabear. I remember the kids and I playing with little Reba at Becci's. She was a precious little girl and I'm glad she found a forever home with you. She passed the best way, in your arms.

Just curious, do you still go to Dr. Lieb?