Reba: Satin w/arthritis, bone loss, & teeth issues

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:06 pm

I'm sorry to hear about Reba.

mammabear66
With a Touch of Insanity

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:11 pm

Hi Robyn! I haven't seen you around much lately!

Yes, Dr. Lieb is absolutely fantastic! She works so hard for her patients and actually shows true concern for them as a living being rather than how they will benefit her pocketbook. I have had vets before who seemed to see their critter clients only as dollar signs and it is so refreshing to see her caring and compassion. She is also very straightforward with what she feels is the best route for the animal, yet also shows that she realizes the bond between the animal and its human parents. I will not switch vets until she is no longer practicing.

"She passed the best way, in your arms."

I know this is true, and I am happy that I was there at that time, but I selfishly wished I wasn't at one point. She has proven herself a fighter and she fought the end for way too long last nite. It was horrible. Except that one of the last things she did was cuddle up and kiss me. I feel really bad for waking daddybear and putting him thru that, even tho I know he wanted to be there as she was his baby and owned his heart.

LER

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:58 pm

Oh mb66, I am so sorry your sweet, sweet girl has left you. :( You and your family are in my thoughts. It is so very hard to loose are wonderful, dear friends.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:55 pm

I'm so very sorry. I know that type of end is gut wrenching but at least you were there with her.

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:41 pm

I am sad to hear that she is gone.

You worked so hard to keep her here. My sympathy to you, Daddybear and her dear friends.

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:08 pm

I take my piglets to Dr. Leib too or rather have in the past. I haven't found a vet closer to me (Buckeye) that is so compassionate and caring for both animal and human. It's a long drive for me, but worth it.

mammabear66
With a Touch of Insanity

Post   » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:10 am

I reallu hope you have no need to take your pigs to a vet in the near future. For almost a year, between Reba and Radar and other critters thrown in here and there, I was in Dr. Lieb's office once a week or more. As much as I love her, I really didn't desire to see her THAT often!

I know it is a forever drive for you, but I would make the trip in a heartbeat to see her - and I hate driving anymore! I am not much further east than her (Scottsdale Rd). Sometime when you do have to make the trip let me know and maybe we can get together for a bit. I really enjoyed seeing everybody at the Cheesecake Factory.

Radar and Ro are now fighting over Reba's pigloo. They never tried to go in it when she was using it - it was her space. I really didn't think Ro would care much that she was gone, but maybe she is just happy to have a chance to try to claim the spot.

Karen
Slug Whisperer

Post   » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:43 am

I'm so sorry for your loss mammabear.