How much should I pay the sitter?

NancyO

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:16 pm

LOL - yep, I pretty much have decided that $30 will be it. His mom thinks that is too much and she will have it out with me later (ha ha ha).

Thanks for the tip about the vet. I never thought of that. I know when I took care of my neighbor's dog (same neighbor) the dog developed a UTI. I took the dog to their vet and I just paid for it. It wasn't an issue because I knew my neighbor would pay me back which she did.

Nancy

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:18 pm

Make sure to leave out their travel carrier and any vet instructions JUST IN CSAE (god forbid) they do have to take one to the vet.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:29 pm

Sandy, can you go over to Hamsterific and add to what I posted? There's a person with a sick pig and it doesn't seem like the vet they took it to knew much about pigs. Try to get her to post here, I mentioned it.
Mooser, I'm concerned about this. Vet has prescribed ChlorPalm for what is apparently enteritis. Want to chime in? This person really needs to post here for advice.

mooser

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:42 pm

I emailed you.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:18 pm

Can you PM me on Hamsterific? I can usually access my work email from home, but my password has expired.

mooser

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:02 pm

Oh ok sorry.

NancyO

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:13 pm

Arghhhh - my neighbor is arguing with me. So I said I would drop it down to $25/daily. I told her I did not want to rip off her son just because he is 14. They are just being nice.

I won't budge from $25/day.

Nancy

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:12 pm

I totally understand where she is coming from though.

NancyO

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:55 pm

I know I do too. I always yell at her (my neighbor) because I think she pays my daughter too much. But I do think $25 daily is fair.

Nancy

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:08 pm

Nancy,

If you end up lowering your price, and you don't feel comfortable with the agreed-upon amount, perhaps you could give him a little bonus. If his mom objects to cash, you could get him a gift card.

Peace of mind during vacation is priceless.

NancyO

Post   » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:57 am

Now those words just hit the nail on the head. "Peace of mind during vacation is priceless" I think we could all relate to those words.

Nancy

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:32 am

I was going to also suggest what Tracis did. At the end of the vacation, if all went well, get him a gift card to a book store (e.g., Borders) where he could get books or CDs, or other stuff. No mom can really take issue with books.