Female GP with bald patches

Elly

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:16 pm

Running into a problem here.

I have no problem figuring out the dose by weight but the only syringes I cound get are 3cc/ml ones. They are measured in half CCs and there are 5 measured lines between each hald CC. How do I measure out the .05cc?

It's actually .044 cc that dilly needs (I haven't worked out the others yet) but if we can get me to where .05ccs would be then I would be good to go on the exact amount (or very close). Wound it be halfway between empty and the first measured line? That looks like it would be a drop or two.

If these won't work for measuring that small amount can I dillute some Ivec with sterile saline (or something else) in equal parts and double the amount I put on?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:48 pm

Which type did you get? Sounds like you may have trouble getting an accurate dose. You could dilute it if you wanted.

See how under the oral ivermectin directions, which recommend diluting to a 1mg/cc solution.

You would need to discard the mix after you are done dosing so perhaps just dilute a half a cc or so.

Alternatively, call a pharmacy and see if you can get a 1cc needled syringe.

Elly

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:04 pm

I got topical 1%.

I'm going to run back to the pharmacy. I stopped there to ask but I think the woman was an idiot. I made the mistake of asking her a question instead of telling her what I needed. She seemed like she would let me have a syringe though. She just thought she didn't have what I needed.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:11 pm

Topical 1%? The 1% solution is generally labeled as injectable (though it can be used orally or by injection).

By far the easiest thing will be getting a smaller syringe. Let me know if you have any trouble finding one.

www.guinealynx.info/topical_ivermectin.html

Elly

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:05 pm

Sorry, I meant injectable.

Seems no one in this city will give or sell me a syringe. I was all over the place today with no luck. The only diabetic I know doesn't have needles as he handles his diabetes with a good diet. That's the problem about being in the inner city. The pharmasists think everyone is a heroin addict and I'm so skinny I almost look the part.

LER

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:18 pm

Can't you ask for them without the needles?

Elly

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:21 pm

I tried that. They all said no. I told them to snap the needles off if they weren't removable as I can get the ivec out with one of my other syringes and measure/dose with the needless one, still said no.

This town is populated by assholes on a power trip.

LER

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:56 pm

Geez. What about vets offices? I know we always have 1cc syringes at work.

luvmypigs2

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:06 pm

I have a 3cc syringe in front of me. My 3cc has a wider line at "0" and then a short line at .10cc.

For example (using "l" as long and "i" as short)

Starting at zero - l i i i i l

.05 cc would be between the "l" and the first 'i" - which I believe is what you said.

Hope this helps and is not making this more confusing. You are on the right track.

Elly

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:07 pm

I stopped at my vet on my way home. It's Saturday and they closed before I got there.

I'll try Monday at the vets I guess and ask the neighbors if any of them are or know a diabetic.

LER

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:08 pm

Oh right - it's a weekend! Fancy that. Best of luck, Elly!

Elly

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:13 pm

LuvmyPigs2 - it makes perfect sense and is exactly what I'm talking about. I can get it really close but it won't be exact.

Say Dilly, who is supposed to get 0.044ml for her weight accidentally gets too much? I could be off by a bit and could accidentally give her 0.057. Would I hurt her with an overdose?

Dily's weight today is up .1 oz. She's at 1lb 15.3.