Bloody But

lisam

Post   » Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:40 pm

Lynn, your post has disappeared. Sounds serious, is one of your boys bleeding from his rear end?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:52 pm

Drat. Another post gone? I hope she replies to this thread. The people who host this site are installing a new version of php within a week or so (I think). I hope this takes care of it.

LynnK

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:33 am

Dam this sucks, well know it´s not one of my boys it´s a friend of mine she has no email and no internet access and her vet is not very cavy knowledgeable so I posted that one of her girls is bleedy from the but I got a phone call the other day and I´m still trying to find out more sorry this is all I have for know I will be back before I leave work today to let you all know what is up. Thanks

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:50 am

Bleeding from anywhere is supposed to be grounds for seeing a vet (of course we don´t mean a slight overclipping of the nail that quits bleeding or a small visible cut that stops bleeding). From the vaginal area especially. It could be bloody urine and a urinary tract infection, or stones or a reproductive problem.

LynnK

Post   » Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:59 pm

Ok she thinks this just a false alarm she only had some spot bleeding one day and it just quit could this maybe make her a late bloomer she is two years old and is doing fine pooping and peaing and eating and drinking. So she or I don´t know what to make of it she did lose a pig in April of last year I think so she got a bit jumpy seeing the blood. I will let you know if I find out anything else. Thanks

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:17 pm

For what it´s worth, twice Nina bled slightly from her genital area -- not lots, just a little (this was not blood in urine). Lasted two days, no symptoms accompanying it. This was several months ago, the two times separated by a few weeks.
Last edited by Lynx on Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:06 pm

Yikes...bleeding sounds scary. At least it´s only spotting and nothing profuse.