*This Little Piggie Marketplace*

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:04 am

Lynx, thanks. Uline is where I ordered the tall boxes I had planned to use. The original idea was to fold the coroplast accordian-style, but the stuff is just too darned unwieldy if you don't have the proper tools and halfway good hand-eye coordination.

And the pads are out, too. Uline (and most other companies I looked into) charges $60 shipping! This seems to be the norm whether I order 10 or 50, as they use a trucking company to transport it due to the size.

Back to the drawing board.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:31 am

Somehow I missed this thread the first time around, but I'd like to say what a nifty site it is!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:25 pm

"I cut the tip off - below the main barrel
Get out a dremel - drill through the hole to make it big enough
Get out the dremel sander - smooth it off"

If you can do this, I WILL BUY. And more than one, too.

Excellent, excellent idea if you have the time to make them.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:13 pm

Talishan, it takes just a few minutes to do.

I got so frustrated at my old method - and I almost lost the rubber plunger in a pig's mouth more than once - that I had to find a new way to do it.

I really do love my Dremel :-)

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:01 pm

Can you post a picture of what one looks like that has been Dremeled?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:51 am

Someone asked me about the toy guinea pig set. I have been watching for it to show up again, and just added it this evening -- here.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:15 am

Can you post a picture of what one looks like that has been Dremeled?
Full instructions:

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:35 am

Mum, excellent, excellent photos and instruction. Can these be placed in a reference post somewhere?

Sef, if you can do this I'd still buy a few, and I bet others would too. I'm fairly handy with tools, but I'm not sure we have a set like this -- or if we do, it's somewhere in the darkest reaches of the basement, where nothing with fewer than eight legs resides.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:34 pm

Mum, did you say that the Baxa's are too hard to drill? They make a really nice .5ml oral that is a little narrower than the 1ml. Wondering if it would work better for smaller mouths.

Have you ever tried the EPS line of oral syringes?
http://www.medidose.com/catalog/patient ... ringes.asp

Talishan, I don't think the State of Indiana wants to see me armed with a power drill. ;-)

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:22 pm

I haven't been able to cut off a tip from a Baxa with the knife, but I've never tried drilling them. I'll give it a go!

No, I haven't tried those syringes, although I used to have a Monoject 10cc syringe that looked just like them (it wore out).

I might give them a try - I'd love to see the 1cc syringe up close before I order one, though!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:58 pm

Mum,
I'll send you a sampler this week and let you try a couple of different things to see if they're worth offering.

mane3862

Post   » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:06 pm

Typical, I got excited to finally find some of that drop-on ivermectin, only to find out that it can't be shipped to my country. Stupid government monopoly or customs or whatever the reason is.