Pistachio's having his eye removed

Pooka and Pixie

Post   » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:08 pm

Looks like he's healing up well! Give him a kiss for me and tell him he's beautiful!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:24 pm

Pistachio is looking very handsome even in recovery.
I am not familiar with any eye-removal injuries, but the wound looks "clean and crisp".
Get well soon little Pistachio!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:30 am

Pistachio had some pus coming from the eye yesterday. He started on antibiotics. Still looks great. He's eating like a pig and back to his old kiss-my-azz attitude we all love so dearly.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:02 pm

I'm so glad he's recovering well. He's a handsome little guy.

happyhoppy

Post   » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:44 pm

Very handsome guy! I love his ears and coloring.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:11 am

Was looking for this thread to see how long its been since Stash had his eye removed... So, update? It's been 2 years and Pistachio is still, well, Pistachio. Attitude galore, but he loves me and comes right to me to be handled (chatters and tries to bite anyone else! hahah!).

His eye socket has done nothing but seep fluid for the last 2 years despite tries at several antibiotics. We finally decided just to leave it be, and let it do what it needs to do to be a happy little leaky eye.

Pistachio weighs in at a hefty 3 pounds 1 ounce and loves his four male roomies. He will be 5 years old in January. His skin and coat have remained nice, no more lumps on his back since that one was removed with the eye. Hopefully he stays healthy!

He's a real character and I'm happy nobody else (that could adopt him, anyway!) saw his potential and he stayed with me :) Hehe!

Here is a picture of his "bad" side. Though, I think he's cute all over, despite his leaky stinkeye :)

And his good side

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:39 am

Thanks for the update. Would you like these pics added too? One of KM's pigs had an eye removed and it never really cleared up - did not make it. I'm glad Pistachio is able to manage.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:18 pm

You can add any of my photo's that you wish to add. I think I gave you open permission a long time ago!

I'm happy he manages with the leaky socket, too. Vet and myself were worried. We've tried several antibiotics for some pretty lengthy treatments, nothing has worked.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:03 pm

Thanks! I kinda thought so but I am old and don't like to trust my memory.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Pistachio passed today. He was 6 and spent 3 1/2 of those years as a one-eyed grump.

He will be missed dearly. I've never had a pig greet me with such angry chattering each and every time they saw me, yet he was happy to see me.

RIP Stashman.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:10 pm

I'm so sorry Erin. He was a real sweetie. Rest well beautiful boy.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:40 pm

A testament to your good care and a solution to chronic problems that worked for him, even if it wasn't perfect.

Godspeed and safe passage, Stash. You will certainly never be forgotten, and always loved.