Male with bladder stone--need a good vet

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:11 pm

I'm glad you received the shilintong! The original plan was for us to use it and the Uricit (or Polycitra) together, but Gilbert just didn't do well with the Uricit so we decided to give that up.

Good luck, little guy!

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:19 pm

Good luck on Monday. I'm really pulling for your little guy.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:26 pm

Thank you for all your well wishes! Mr Capybara is on his way to pick Peppi up from his surgery. They didn't give us any details over the phone, but he was waking up from the anaesthesia when we called, and the vet will let Mr. Capybara know how the surgery went when he gets there. I'm hoping Peppi will have a quick and uneventful recovery like he did after his first surgery. The Critter Berries we ordered from Mad Cat are finally in, and everyone else loved them, so I hope Peppi does too!

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:02 pm

Did you start the Shilintong or are you waiting till he recovers from surgery?

Please keep us posted so we know if it appears to help him.

TWP_2

Post   » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:31 pm

IF he balks at the critter berries, try giving them to him well after he has had the shilintong. I think there might be a little flavor overlap (like brushing your teeth after drinking orange juice).

Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly.

Jim

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:16 pm

I'm wishing you all a quick and speedy recovery. Give your little guy extra smoochies and kisses for me. Please keep us posted.

Fossil Barb

Post   » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:06 am

Get well Peppi.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:49 am

Many kisses, Peppi. Feel better!

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:13 pm

Hey guys,

Peppi has been eating and drinking fairly well on his own. We gave him some CC last night, just to be sure. He ate a big pile of veggies this morning, and a Critter Berry. We're also continuing with the Polycitra and shilintong. He seems alert, so I'm hoping this means he will recover even more quickly than last time. Of course we are also giving him Metacam.

The stone was huge. Dr. Voss gave it to us because it looks exactly the same composition as the old stone, which was already analyzed. This thing is about the size of a chick pea. I'll take a picture of it and post it soon, so you can see. I can't believe it got so big in only six weeks! I'm dreading that at this rate something else will form, but we're hoping all the stuff we're giving him will prevent it, and if not that, at least slow the growth of another one.

Thanks again for all the well wishes--they are always very appreciated!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:19 pm

I understand how discouraging this is. Have you tried shilintong (not going back to check)? I imagine you've made dietary changes.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:22 pm

With luck, the shilintong and polycitra will help keep the materials that make up stones from binding with each other and instead flush it all out.

Gilbert and Sully send piggy kisses and good wishes.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:26 pm

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd take a quick second to post the picture of Peppi's stone. This is the second stone, the one removed Monday.