Trying out the new camera...

Alfie

Post   » Mon Jan 07, 2002 5:02 pm

We got one from the b/f´s family because we kept irritating his dad by borrowing his. He´s very generous but he likes to have his stuff when he wants it, so he tends to buy us stuff to get his back! (It was nice because it was a better model than we could have afforded.)

Thanks for the compliments! Yes, Mon, Daisy was very pleased with her parsley, particularly seeing she´d just nabbed it from Lucy.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Jan 07, 2002 10:33 pm

The pigs are adorable, and you will LOVE your camera! I have taken over 800 pictures with mine in less than a year. About 750 were of pigs....I have no life.

Anyway, since I used to breed blacks, I had a dickens of a time, but finally worked out how to take pictures without them looking like black blobs. You have to light them up, In other words, I have one person holding our torchiere lamp pointing right at the pigs. that way, you get the pig flooded with light. It works great for dark pigs. I´ll take a pic and post it on another thread so I don´t corrupt yours!

mon

Post   » Mon Jan 07, 2002 10:37 pm

Just a quick question regarding digital cameras. How do you end up with hard copies of your pictures (ie. photos for the albums)?? Do they process them at a lab? Or do you do it yourself at home using the computer and scanner?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 07, 2002 10:53 pm

Well, you just leave your computer on all day and rotate among them.

Or you can go to one of the places that does pics and get a real nice one (not cheap). I´d like a good printer (you have to look for one that will do a good job) but I mostly save mine. Someday they´ll have lovely picture screens that play several pics and maybe even movies.

Alfie

Post   » Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:13 am

Mon, we have an ´adequate´ printer which does a nice printout (well, my friends and family couldn´t tell the difference, at least, especially once I worked out that the computer doesn´t automatically select the best print quality). It´s thirsty on the ink cartridges, though.

And you can have hard copies printed out at a lot of camera/film processing places. I know you can burn a CD or download them onto a disk and take them to the Kodak counter at Kmart. Haven´t tried it but I suspect the quality would be better than ours.

KM, I´ve taken over 100 already! My b/f despairs of me, but then he took a few dozen at the cricket the other day - mmmmm, white person-shaped blobs on a big green paddock! Interesting!

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:18 am

It´s addicting, especially when it is so easy!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:09 am

It is very freeing to be able to take a bunch of pics to ensure you get what you want. And it´s easy to dump the ones that aren´t quite as nice. I´ve gone to Walmart and got pics printed up. They are really nice. It´s a fancy machine by Kodak that prints them out.

Jill

Post   » Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:20 am

How do the prices compare to having prints made from "regular" film? I´m thinking we need a new printer to use with our digital camera, but am wondering if it wouldn´t just be better to have the prints done elsewhere. Think I´ll start a thread on printers in General chat

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:43 am

I think in general it is more expensive. But I like the immediacy and feel at some point the printer/ink/paper costs have to get more reasonable. And you can always store them on disk and just print out the real special ones.

mon

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:30 am

Thanks for the info guys! Now I really want one! But it will have to wait.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:47 am

I love that Kodak picture maker. You can make wallets of your pigs if you want, or an 8 x 10 if you´re so inclined. You can also make prints from an existing picture (not enough wallets for the kid to give out? Go make more!) You pay by the sheet, so it varries.