Tea Tree Oil

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:02 am

Ringworm can also be treated with liquid Program for cats. It works very well.

pogolysmom

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:46 am

The dr. had me use 50% bacitracin/50% atheletes foot med.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:43 pm

On the pigs?

Sorry, I meant the Program should be used on the pigs - not the people!

pogolysmom

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:44 pm

Silly me... wouldn't it be too strong for the pigs if it is meant for cats?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:58 pm

You only use a carefully measured part of the dose.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:08 pm

All fungal infections are only able to gain hold during times of immune susceptibility, whether there is another illness causing this, stress, etc.

pogolysmom

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:22 am

I think that stress is the best answer for Tina's underlying cause Her whole name is Teeny Tiny Tina. When I got her she was really tiny. My friend who is very familiar with GP weights said that she was too little to be taken from her mother when I got her. When she came home, she kept trying to nurse on my other GP and gave the other one the fungus on her belly. Then when she was taken care of by my neighbor while I was on vacation, it was probably stressful not being in her own home and having another caregiver. Makes sense to me.

Now, her name doesn't fit her. She likes to lounge lying across my whole belly with her legs stretched out on either end of her. Her feet reach from side to side on me. She is a real lover.

Wheekers3

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:53 am

Pogolysmom has sent me several pictures:

Here is the Mom and babies, ( Isn't she sweet? )

The three babies: Very cute.

Pogolysmom, I didn't post the one of daughter, in case of privacy. If you want me to, let me know. I wanted ask permission.

-You should try posting them yourself, it is not too hard. :)

pogolysmom

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:16 am

Thanks so much for posting those for me!!!! I'd love you to post my daughter and her pigs. I was going to try to do that at lunch, but you beat me to the punch.

joyce1234

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:39 am

Hey pogolysmom,

I have used tea tree oil for fungal infection.

Tea tree oil has been utilized generally as a topical germ-free and antifungal treatment. One examination found that a weakening of tea tree oil filled in and also 5% benzoyl peroxide in controlling the side effects of skin break out. It gives off an impression of being viable with toenail organism.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:16 am

Tea Tree Oil is extremely toxic if ingested. Do a search. Any put on an animal can be licked off and guinea pigs are notorious for licking wounds. Read Josphine's post above.

There is no reason to use Tea Tree Oil when there are safer and much more effective treatments available.
Tea tree oil is poisonous when taken internally, possibly causing drowsiness, confusion, hallucinations, coma, unsteadiness, weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach upset, blood cell abnormalities, and severe rashes. Tea tree oil should not be used in or around the mouth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_tree_oil

There are other reputable sources for this information also. Poison.org, Mayo Clinic, toxnet.nlm.nih.gov, petpoisonhelpline.com,etc.

How Severely Poisonous Is Tea Tree Oil? - Quora
https://www.quora.com/How-severely-pois ... a-tree-oil

google snippet:
Because of its complex and variable composition of between 60 and 100 terpenes, and the ... Tea tree oil toxicity is equal to 1.9 g per kilogram, or about 1/5 teaspoon per pound of body weight. This is considered a lethal dose in 50% of ...