Thunder, Lightning and Pandora

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:33 am

Thank you!

Pippin makes most appearances by photo/internet. That's how JodiMN got the pink hat onto his head ;)

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:34 am

A cyber meet and greet?

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:16 am

Pippin is appearing here:

http://www.geocities.com/thatjanedoe/janedoespigs

and here:

http://www.cerridwin.org/jane/

You can e-mail him through me.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:31 am

Gaaarooowwwll Pippin!!

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:54 pm

As I wrote before, these pigs had been such a comfort to me. Then it was as though G-d had said "that's enough comforting -- I'm going to take you pig now."

Lightning died six days before we buried my father's ashes. I was depressed. Thunder was depressed, or it was at least what I projected onto him.

So on March 4, 2005, Baby Pandora came to live with us:

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:55 am

Baby Pandora!!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:12 pm

I am so sorry about your dad and Lightening.

Aww... Look at those pink baby toes. : )

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:03 pm

Baby Pandora has adorable baby ears too. :)

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:23 am

Thank you. October 29th is the anniversary of my father's death, October 28th is the anniversary of the robbery. October is not an easy month for me.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:53 am

Momo, Tracis, Pandora now has adorable adult ears and pink adult toes. Lightning had pink ears and pink toes, too. When he had just got his toenails done it looked like a French manicure. His godmother thought they were the cutest things. She wanted to paint them, but did not take me up on my offer to let her cut them.

Pandora is probably the brightest of my pigs and definitely the weirdest. Lightning was no slouch in the brains department, either. I would not call Pippin stupid, but he is probably the least intelligent of the three. Still he is incredibly sensitive for such a big pig, and probably the most intuitive. The day Lightning died he was acting weird as all get-out. I should have sensed it.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:18 pm

That is quite a mental image - Pandora getting his French manicure. : )

Yes, I agree some pigs are smarter and more sensitive than others, and I have to end up with the dimmer ones... : (

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:40 pm

I have never met any of yours, so there is no way of knowing.

Pippin's name was originally "Pippin" but I wanted to get something that went with Lightning, so one of my friends suggested "Thunder." I thought that really stupid, but it was so bad it was good. Also, one of my co-workers said he looked like a little thundercloud. And he drinks and pees like a little thundercloud. When Lightning died I couldn't bear the thought of another Lightning. I guess I could have named Pandora "White Lightning."