In memory of Scooter

JodiMN

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:00 am

Prior to finding good solid information and about rescues for guinea pigs, my daughter loved going into pet stores to look at the animals. We had never lived in a place where we were allowed pets but now we did. In February of 2003 my daughter, Dayna fell in love with this little 3 month old red and white guinea pig at a pet store. She said she wanted him because they had the same hair color.

Image Image Image

We brought him home and she thought long and hard for a good name, she came up with Scooter because he scooted around his cage. Scooter was a good boy, he loved to be held and even trained us when he needed to go pee, when he was done he wanted more hugs. Right off the bat he was comfortable with us, he would curl right up like a little kitty.

He loved to play with Dayna; she would put him in her Barbie cars and slowly push him around her room, stopping at the Barbie tent for a campout. He would climb out and dig in to the veggie picnic Dayna had setup for him.

Those two were inseparable.

Even watching TV, Scooter loved to hand out in her sweatshirt hood.

I had never had a guinea pig before, but quickly fell in love with Scooter. He loved to climb up and hide behind my hair.

On March 31st, 2004, Scooter passed away at the age of 16 months from liver failure according to the vet. A week before he had his molars filed down, but his little self wasn’t strong enough to recover.

We shared one loving year together and will always remember our Scoots.

We miss you Scooter! March 2003 – March 2004

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:12 am

I love your pictures and story. He sounds like a very special pig. I'm sure you both miss him greatly.

Brianna
Forum Fan Club

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 pm

That was beautiful Jodi.

angelscavies

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:22 pm

awwwwww that is so sad. I bet Dayna was devestated. Hope you got another great piggie for her. It is beautiful.

JodiMN

Post   » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:40 am

Yes, Dayna was pretty upset, we were both crying our hearts out. But, she did okay. She gently picked his little body up and cuddled with him and said her goodbyes - she's a brave little girl.

We went out the next day - it didn't feel right not having a piggy in the house - to a local shelter and found Jeffy. He was an unwanted baby boar - the lady only wanted to keep the girl pups. Then later we adopted Jasper.

Here's a recent after bath photo - Jeffy's giving me the "look".
Jeffy on left - Jasper on right

angelscavies

Post   » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:13 am

They both are really cute.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:18 am

What a touching tribute to Scooter.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:13 pm

Such a sweet story. Dayna and Scooter are beautiful together. What a special bond they shared!

Jeffy and Jasper are very handsome piggies.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:40 pm

They are not ONLY handsome, they are well traveled piggies! Jeffie is hot in his speedo bringing you a margarita!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:53 pm

What a touching story.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:57 pm

What a great story with truly adorable pictures. Jeffy and Jasper are very cute, I love the "look".

Fossil Barb

Post   » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:12 pm

How wonderful that after the sad loss of Scooter you adopted Jeffy and Jasper. The pictures of Scooter and Dayna are so cute and I know that the J's will help her to heal from the loss of her first loveable piglet. Goodbye Scoots I loved your story.