Rodney's Travel Journal

AnnetteH

Post   » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:52 pm

Sarav,
In my research I found out the Deta will let you take a guinea pig in the cabin as cary on. No airline will let you do it on a transpacific flight, though. You are only allowed one pet per person as cary on I think.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:22 pm

What an amazing story!

So gladl Rodney, and you, came through that ordeal so well.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:49 pm

I'm so glad to hear that Rodney made it though okay. And you, too! That sounds like such a stressful trip.

rshevin

Post   » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:19 pm

I know Delta will let people have more than one dog at a time as carry-on because I've seen it done. I've personally flown with Piggy I think 3 times now, as carry-on, with no problems. With more than one pig, you'd have to consider whether or not they can share a carrier small enough to fit under the seat. You have to call ahead and make a reservation as they only allow 3 animals per plane, a max of 2 in coach class. American cost is $50 each way.

They've been really good with me flying with him in the cabin, even giving me water during the insane TSA no beverages allowed days. The only thing that annoys me is the charge because I don't perceive how bringing the animal makes the airline incur any additional cost. If it did, I'd have NO PROBLEM paying but it seems as if they charge just to discourage everyone from doing it.

Annette,
I still think this is the cutest little road journal! I wish I had had more time to write a longer response when I first read it. Rodney is a very lucky, and cute, little piggie.

Sparkles N Daisy

Post   » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:37 pm

Rodney is such a character. I too loved his little name tag. I'm glad everyone is settling in ok.

More pictures please.

AnnetteH

Post   » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:31 pm

Here are some pictures of Rodney when the carpet guys where here.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:57 pm

Rodney has the cutest little sleepy face!

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:10 pm

What a wonderful story and the pictures are sweet.

Welcome to the USA Rodney & AnnetteH

Fweeprluvr

Post   » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:05 am

We see and hear of lots of piggies here on GL, but since I saw your video of him running around at your place in Japan and of your dilemma about travelling with him, I have not forgotten him and was really hoping he was going to do well with the trip.

I would have been a total basket case doing that with any of my pets. Probably would have had an ulcer by the time it was done.

I am so glad he made it ok. I hope you aren't planning on going back.

Sunny

Post   » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:35 am

That was the most impressive pet travel story I've ever heard. Good for you for taking all the extra effort to make sure your Rodney was safe.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:37 pm

Wow, I just had a chance to read the whole story. That was quite an adventure for you and Rodney. I'm so happy that everyone made here safe and sound. Thanks for taking the time to write all that out. I wonder if Rodney knows how loved he is, cute little guy. Great story!

Fossil Barb

Post   » Sat May 26, 2007 11:56 pm

An amazing story. Rodney has a special place in my heart as we had a Rodney too.

He was very brave and you were awesome in demanding good care, etc. So glad he made it safely and that you finally got some sleep.

I think Rod needs his own Chronicle.