Boar-Boar Introductions or Greetings from the Bathroom Floor

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:00 am

Smudgie and Piggie are beautiful! I hope they have a long and happy friendship!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:21 am

I can only fit either two single pigloos or one double pigloo in my 2x4s. You may get lucky, and the boys may share a double pigloo. Or not!

I'm so glad the intros went well.

happyhoppy

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:28 am

Who's the boss?

rshevin

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:56 am

I'm not sure yet, Piggy is the original pig of the house, and is twice Smudgie's size, but boss is yet to be determined.

rshevin

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:11 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! It was going so well and then I picked up both boys for nightnight snuggles and Smudgie's foot is bleeding like mad. He's had a black toenail there as long as I've had him and it looks like he's knocked it off. I've washed and washed and put styptic powder on him but now I am at such a loss. I don't want to harm him but I also don't want to risk the work he and Piggy have already done. I have no idea if this is related or not. I haven't left the apartment all night and I haven't heard any squabbling, squealing, screaming, etc.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:08 am

I would leave them be, although you are probably sleeping and have done whatever you did.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:12 am

Piggy is just so darn adorable. I totally love that little face.

Foot injury might not be a bite...is there anything (like a ramp, or wire hay rack?) that he might have snagged it on during a retreat?

rshevin

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:02 am

Well you're right, I had already gone to bed. I knew getting a response at that hour would be iffy at best and after traveling I was beyond exhausted. I washed the foot really well, put oodles of styptic powder on, and made darn sure it wasn't bleeding. Then the pigs and I vegged on the couch for a long while to make sure everyone was getting along still, and they are. I kept them together while treating as much as possible. I'm going to get materials for a foot bandage today in case I need to wrap it up.

This morning I found both of them crammed into a single shoebox, sharing! I figured that was a great sign that maybe the double pigloo would work, nope. Soon as I put it in there, chasing, humping, rumbling, and teeth chattering arose. Go figure. I washed it twice, with vinegar and then with soap and hot water. Shoe boxes it is.

piggiemomma5372

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:17 pm

As long as they are not nipping at each other (causing bleeding) they should be fine. Rumblestrutting and stuff is normal. My males get along but they still remind each other who is charge.

I'm glad everything is going well though! Egwene is fitting in nicely and Lila has accually calmed down since we got her. thanks again!

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:27 pm

My boys will have chattering moments still and I just leave it be.

I am glad they were loving each other in the shoebox!!

rshevin

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:34 pm

I have no courage for fighting at the moment unfortunately. If they're going to behave with shoeboxes, then I'm going to leave them be for at least a few days. Right now they are both fast asleep in their own shoe boxes. It's very cute.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:40 pm

I recommend the squirty bottle of doom (tm) and when you hear chatterring - squirt them both so they can hate the bottle and love each other!1