Boar-Boar Introductions or Greetings from the Bathroom Floor

rshevin

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:29 pm

Piggylover3, I'm glad your intros went well too! It's funny that we were both doing the same thing. Sorry I didn't respond to your post earlier. It came up while I was responding to another and I just didn't catch it.

Ah the squirty bottle of doom. Poor Piggy hates it, but then that is the point isnt it.

Trinity28

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:44 pm

Thanks Brandilynn - you are such a font of knowledge!!!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:06 pm

I wish you continued foot healing, lots of available shoeboxes, continued peace and harmony, and may your neighbor never password his wifi.

And very best to Momo and her family.

I could hear Smudgie from here. "What ... is ... that??"

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:11 am

Glad to share what I can and would gladly make something up if it were helpful!

Olwen

Post   » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:50 pm

I love that squirty bottle idea...

rshevin

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:59 am

Ok, I need some advice on my boys. All of a sudden Piggy is chasing Smudgie around all over the place trying to hump him. Smudgie is having none of this. No matter where he goes, Piggy tries to kick him out. If there are 2 identical houses, blankets, etc Piggy insists on having which ever one Smudgie has chosen. This is happening both in the cage and during floor time.

What's the deal? Is this the end of the "honeymood period?" Do I need to try another buddy bath? I almost think it's correlated with my switch from aspen to fleece bedding but I'm not sure. Ideas? Suggestions?

Olwen

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:07 am

How old are they? When I put Spike and Leo together, all was fine until Leo hit Puberty and then out of nowhere they were fighting, chattering their teeth etc. They calmed down eventually, but not for a long time (Few months)

rshevin

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:09 am

Both boys are in the neighborhood of 4.5 years. They're rescues so exact age is unknown.

rshevin

Post   » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:25 am

Ugg, tonight they're still at it. Piggy is constantly seeking Smudgie out for harassment. If Smudgie is eating at a bowl, Piggy kicks him away. Smudgie is a very, very good beta male and will go to the other bowl. Piggy then comes over there and kicks him away. Same thing with hidie houses. Piggy takes an agressive posture and they nip at each other (no bloodshed) and then Piggy chases Smudgie around trying to hump him. I just weighed Smudgie tonight and his weight is good, actually up a few grams, but I still feel sorry for him.

jaydee6561
Not a Fighter

Post   » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:51 am

but I still feel sorry for him
I know what you mean. Squeaky and Monroe have been together awhile. They never fight, but Squeaky kind of keeps Monroe in his house. He lays outside it and when Monroe comes out, he waggles at him and they stick noses in the air. Then Monroe goes back into the pigloo :(

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:15 am

Fossa got some nice preimpaction action happening, because Navin wouldnt let him out of his "corner" (Whichever corner Nav had pinned him in).

jaydee6561
Not a Fighter

Post   » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:22 am

Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good. What might one look for in 'preimpaction action'?

Even when they're out for floor time, Monroe finds a bag to sit in rather than go exploring.
Last edited by jaydee6561 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.