He finally said yes!!!

jeffandtina

Post   » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:08 am

Eleanor showed us how to clip nails, clean the gland with a q-tip and mineral oil, and how to check to make sure no bedding is poking in an, um, uncomfortable spot. She's also offered to help me with any of the tasks whenever I need help.

momo, I've been reading your piggies' journal. They are adorable. That Mojo sure looks like a heartbreaker!

akintolife

Post   » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:15 am

They look like lovely boys. I was a bit hesitant about having boys at first too, but apart form the fact my current two boys need a lot more handling to get used to people are are a little skittish, they are just wonderful (my boys are both fosters, although I have a feeling that they might end up with me forever, since Mr Inquisitive lives up to his name so well!).

You'll love having them and I'm sure your family will too. I think sounds like a good thing that you husband might end up gving one more attention than the other - if nothing else it means he's coming around and will end up falling in love with them

jeffandtina

Post   » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:09 pm

Hi

This is Jeff I am the other 1/2 of JeffandTina. Even though Tina sometimes makes me sound like I'm not the animal person I really am, but I guess you could say I'm selective. I am looking forward to tomorrow when we pick up the piggies.

I was holding one last week when we went to look at them and I enjoyed it. They seem a lot easier to handle then the hamsters do.

Oh and by the way I will help clean the cage----LOL

Well I guess that is it for now just wanted to introduce myself, I am sure I will be on here in the future putting up pics of the new additions to our home.

Have a wonderful day all!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:13 pm

Your cage looks great, and the piggies are adorable. Can't wait to see more of them!

Janey

Post   » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:04 am

Well, Saturday is here :P (well, atleast here it is)

Can't wait to see photos of them :D

jeffandtina

Post   » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:30 pm

The boys are here, but very camera shy at the moment. We've only managed to coax them out for a few minutes, and that was just to have some fresh veggies. Should have some pics up sometime tomorrow. Jeff has the camera ready!

jeffandtina

Post   » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:05 am

Here are the boys in their new home. Fox is now known as Spike and we're still trying to come up with a new name for Harvey.

Spike checking out his new hiding spot. Harvey making friends with Mr. Walrus, who also does the potty look out (this is where we found all of the piggie 'presents' this morning).

Not so camera shy when it's chow time.

Both boys out and chowing down.

Tummies are full, and now it's time to relax.

This morning, we had the boys out for a few minutes. I managed to beat Jeff to Spike, so he held Harvey. He even got him out of the cage all by himself, without much of a struggle. Yipee! They both seem content in their new home. We've heard Fox purring and Harvey has carried on a conversation with me. I baby talked him and he made the normal guinea pig squeak. I've also heard him make a 'cooing' noise. Both will also sit still when we put one hand in to pet them, but put that other hand in, and the chase is on. But only for a few minutes.

jeffandtina

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:23 pm

Well my hardwork paid off. The boys discovered the ramp and the second story of their cage. I am SOOOOOO excited! On a serious note looks like the boys are starting to make their selves at home. Still a little skittish when we try to pick them up but their getting better. Tomorrow we get to attempt our first nail clipping. Guess who gets to hold them??? Well I guess that is all for now will report back tomorrow how the clipping went.

Jeff

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:43 pm

That is an impressive cage, and I am glad the boys have rewarded your hardwork by going up the ramp and enjoying their new home.
Best of luck with your clippings tomorrow. : )

akintolife

Post   » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 am

The cage looks great and it sounds like they are settling in very well.

Good luck with the clippings tomorrow! At least you have two people to do it, which has to be much easier than me trying to do all of my piggies by myself.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:46 am

What cute boys you have. The cage looks great too. Like Akintolife, I get to do all the pigs (7) nails by myself. It's nice that both of you will be doing it. Good luck! The first time is the hardest.

jeffandtina

Post   » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:28 pm

Tonight we managed one foot on each of the boys before they got restless on us. Guess we'll try another foot tomorrow. *sigh