Candy

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:07 pm

Thanks, Weaver!

The shelter she was in used to be pretty good about not euthenizing animals, but - well, let's just leave it at that.

[/b]

Sarah W

Post   » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:59 pm

What a cutie she is! I'm glad you were able to save her.

Topaz

Post   » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:49 pm

Aw...I love a happy ending. :) She's very lucky you came along.

Laura

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:40 pm

Candy's a real honey of a pig!

I just sat with her in my lap, feeding her a baby carrot, and she was giving all the happy pig signs.

I think she may have arthritis, because she shivers, and she's so thin she feels birdlike. But at least she's here where it's nice and warm, and the food is good and plentiful.

She's certainly not 'skittish' as told to me by the shelter (at least no more than any other pig). I hope that when she gains some weight she can be paired up with another sow - she could really do with a nice warm body to snuggle with!

Sparkles N Daisy

Post   » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:46 pm

Candy is adorable. I'm so glad you were able to rescue her. I know in no time that you will fatten her up.

I hate it when people take only one pig from a bonded pair.

Tammy

Post   » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:50 pm

With weather like this! It's always a good time to snuggle up with a hefty piggie =)

SylvesterPiggie

Post   » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:01 pm

She looks like a Bee. The other "sister" was the same color right? I think she is beautiful, and you both are lucky!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:20 pm

I'm starting a medical thread on Candy:

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 004#995004

Halva
Supporter in '10

Post   » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:40 pm

She's gorgeous. I have a soft spot for black and orange abbies. Fingers crossed she's just a little undernourished.

somechick

Post   » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:07 pm

Maybe I just have small pigs? All my female pigs are at the 2 pound mark. They don't feel or look skinny or ill, and they get plenty of hay, pellets, and veggies. I'm wondering why 1lb 15oz is considered small? My girls are all about 1 year old, if that makes a difference. Hmm.

Edit: ok I went back and re-read part of the middle of the thread. Ok so 2lbs isn't that bad. I got concerned for a minute.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:16 pm

At 1yr old 2lbs sounds pretty normal.

Older pigs usually weigh more, although some are just small.

The issue really isn't with weight per se but rather how rounded the animal feels.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:46 pm

Oops, sorry, totally missed this thread.
Candy is a lucky little girl to have found you Mum.
I am sure Candy would soon be a chubby little girl under yor care. : )