Misadventures of Max (and others)

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:04 am

Again, I am so sorry.

I am now crying even more than when I read Gilbert's thread.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:53 am

I've been teary all morning. Feeding the pigs that don't like me was hard. Finding where I'd stashed the Target pet stuff for the boys was hard. I just wish I had a few more weeks.

I had had a feeling of foreboding Monday. I'm just sorry it was right.

Mr. RS keeps telling me that I took excellent care of him. I know it intellectually, but my heart needs to hear it.

His name from the shelter was Orange. I changed it to Julius Caesar. My roommate came up with Orange Julius Caesar Salad Shooter on the Grassy Knoll. Some name. Some pig.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:54 am

A perfect before and after Jeopardy name.

I wish some peace for your hurting heart, chickledee.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:58 am

I just looked at the polaroid from Steve and Jules' first meeting. They are resting next to each other in the same order now, back by the lilacs. Totally chance, but I like that thought.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:06 am

Good friends.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:56 am

Band of Brothers Plus One

Well, the Little Savages are mine now. I tried to get them to all get along, but Gopher refused to play well with others, so he's a neighbor.

I took him to the vet about a lump on his back. The cytology came back as a benign tumor that we'll remove if/when it gets bigger. I had to warn the vet that Gopher bites. I joked, "I know, I get all the pigs that bite people." When the staff saw me arrive, they recognized me. I said, "No offence, but I didn't want to be back here this soon. I'm not sure it's a good thing you know me by name."

The vet's office had sent us a lovely sympathy card after the holidays, which the vet herself also signed with heartfelt note. They really are lovely people.

So now I have Gopher, Red (aka Manifred von Ricktoven, aka Red Baron aka Ketchup, Elmyra's favorite), Gustov, and Neal.

Here's to a less traumatic and less eventful 2007.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:58 am

Amen to the less trauma.

Fossil Barb

Post   » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:43 am

Great piggies RS. Thanks again to Cavy Chronicles and the wonderful stories. I can now face the day with a semblance of humor.

WriteBooks; write books; write Books.

These tales are worth being published and available in bookstores (along with great cavy care hints found on GL!).

Fossil Barb

Post   » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:01 am

Because I'm old I forgot to tell you what a great slaves you all are.

Losing a piggie is a devastating event after they've totally taken over our hearts.

Keep us posted on your herd.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:56 pm

Gopher has decided that he needs to survey his domain and I usually find him standing on top of his house, like his momma used to.

Gopher was funny in the vet's office. He was both excited (new things to sniff!) and scared (noise...aahh!). I had to put him back in the carrier because he was being too shifty on the table. It was nice to weigh a pig for once and have him come in at over 1100 grams, instead of Jules' sad numbers. I took out the rug I'd had in there for Jules before taking Gopher to the vet on a clean towel. It was a bit sad to think about the last time I'd used that carrier.

While I was waiting for the bill, I sat his carrier on the bench pointed at one of their foster cats. This office takes in kitties from the local Humane Society and keeps them in large kitty condos until they are adopted. The cats don't seem to wait long for a new life. Anyway, the cat in the cage this time was a large black male who lurked under a box. I could see his yellow eyes watching Gopher. The pig wasn't sure if he should hide or sniff or bite something. Gopher is afraid of cats. The cat never moved, just watched. If he liked other cats (his sign said he didn't), I would have taken him home.

Later, I held Red for some lap time. He'd gotten his nose chomped at some point and needed first aid and he also needed a toe trim. I cut the quick on one toe and freaked out my family because I asked them to hold his foot on a paper towel until I could get the powder to stop the bleeding. He was fine.

Afterward, Red decided to wheek - loudly. Maybe something in Red Dwarf set him off. Elmyra also got him going by wheeking at him. This was full-body wheeking with ears flapping. Then just as suddenly as he started, he stopped and flopped right down on my lap like a dog. It was hilarious.

I just wish he had better bladder control.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:55 am

Yup, Pandora does the same thing as Gopher and Miss Momma. She sits on top of the pigloo like Snoopy.

When Pippin tries he just slides off.

Some nights, like Red, he wheeks for no apparent reason. And rumbles.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:41 pm

I just wish he had better bladder control.
Haha, don't we all... : )