One Watery Eye

rodneyc8063

Post   » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:31 pm

Ok, well i have a 4 year old female guinea pig that lives on her own. She has one watery eye, i cant tell if its white and watery (light colored fur) but i can tell the fur around her eye is a bit matted like its wet. Its only the one eye and its been like that for about a week. At times her eyes are clear and dry but some days its really watery. I have some pix, since pix are worth a thousand words. Her eyes are generall normal, i dont hear any sneezing or funny breathing. Shes eating, drinking no weight loss. Still squeeling for lettuce. Everything seems normal except for that eye. Im assuming its something stuck in her eye, but wanted some advice before i go see the vet about this matter.

http://stw.ryerson.ca/~r3chan/P1010002.JPG

http://stw.ryerson.ca/~r3chan/P1010003.JPG

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:57 pm

If there is any cloudiness or it persists, I'd see a vet. I had a guinea pig with a watery eye -- kind of off and on for a couple days. The eye itself looked okay and it seemed to clear up on its own.

rodneyc8063

Post   » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:59 pm

Hi lynx! Yes, her eye is also off and on. Some days its watery, some days she looks great! Do you mind if i ask what happened with your pig then? It just totally cleared up on its own? I was planning on giving her a few days, then bring her to see the vet this friday (think thats too long?)

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:02 am

As I posted, it did clear up on its own. Just one eye. I think a tear duct can get blocked. Read over the eye page for additional advice.

www.guinealynx.info/eyes.html

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:25 am

If you are concerned about the eye, see a vet. S/he can also stain the eye and check for scratches or other surface problems.

katk925
Do the Dewlap in '05

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:39 am

Any update, I have this with a pig right now and I'm leaning toward hay poke or other eye related problem more than sudden root problem....

~kat

6 posts • Page 1 of 1