White fluid from Princy's eyes..Don't know what to do?

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:18 am

I don't know what is wrong with my guinea pigs..
Now i see that Princy has some white fluid coming out of one of her eyes. What could it be? How can it be cured?

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:49 am

Her eyes seem to be a little wet than what it normally is. Also there is slight redness near her eyeball.
Are guinea pigs warm when you touch them always?

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:19 am

That white fluid is usually normal! They use this fluid to clean themselves.

As for redness, though, maybe someone more experienced can help you out with that.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:21 am

The white fluid is cleaning fluid. It comes out of their eyes when they are cleaning themselves. It happens to my three regularly and isn't something to worry about.

I'm not sure what could be wrong with the redness of her eye, she might have been poked in the eye with something. I would check to see if there is something stuck in her eye. Sometimes a piece of hay can get in their eye, inside the lower eye lid usually, and it need flushing out with cooled water.

If there doesn't seem to be anything there I would check it regularly to see if it gets any worse. One of my guinea pigs currently has eye problems and his got worse over time quite quickly.

My guinea pigs always seem warm when I touch them. If they are sitting on my knee it feels like they have peed on me because they are so warm.

Does she seem ok in herself? Not tired, out of breath?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:12 am

gl/eyes.html

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Pooja, please keep all your posts about one pig on one thread. We ask this not to be mean, but to keep all medical history on one thread so that the med pros can see everything in one place.

I'm going to close this thread and link back to your main thread:

http://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59484

6 posts • Page 1 of 1