Goodbye to a very special boy - Shui Jai

serelixyue

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 5:54 am

This post is on behalf of my friend Winnie. Those of you who know, Winnie has 2 piggies, a boy, Shui Jai:

and his wife, Shui Mui:

"Shui" means naughty and "Jai" means boy, in cantonese, but I can tell you that he is anything but naughty. He is the sweetest little boy.

Winnie took Shui Jai in when her brother's girlfriend didn't want her guinea pig anymore, and Winnie's been taking care of him for 3 years. The past few weeks, he's been feeling on and off, sometimes losing his appetite altogether. He also has ongoing sludgy urine, and despite Winnie's efforts to prevent stone formation....her worst fear was confirmed on monday when the xray showed a bladder stone.

Shui Jai went for surgery on tuesday, and got home alright. He ate some hay, and even "chatted" with his wife. but his condition has been unstable...there was some bleeding on the night back, but the doctor said this is normal for bladder stone surgeries (is it???), but 2 days ago his appetite was gone again and he wasn't moving....when she brought him back to the clinic, Dr. Gerry said there is 腹水 inside, I don't know what that is in english, maybe bloat? He then "sucked" some of it out and said there's nothing else to be done as he needs to wait for the wound to heal on the inside....

Dear Shui Jai passed around 6am this morning. We are all heartbroken....I want to post this for Winnie because Shui Jai deserves to be remembered, but moreover...I know how it feels when you lose that one special piggy, the one holding up your world.

I've met him 2 times, and even though I have 11 pigs, I can say that he has the sweetest temper.
He loves his veggies

He loves his cuddles

He loves his wife

...and his various other lady friends ;)

he loves his home

and most of all...he loves his human, Winnie

What I remember the most about Shui Jai is that he has so much zest for life, and he is always ready to give some love. When I went to see him at his house, as I walk in the door, he is perched on the edge of the cage wheeking at me, welcoming me, like a puppy! and he barely knows me....what a lovely boy he was.

I'm so sorry you lost your boy, Winnie. Today is a heavy day. Please know that you have done absolutely everything for him, you fed him cranberry juice, critical care, wheat grass, and every other thing you could think of to keep him from discomfort or pain. You were truly there for him, all the time, every time.

Please don't blame yourself. Honestly, I don't know where or how he would have ended up if your brother's girlfriend just dumped him at the SPCA. He is a stone prone pig...and you have fought so hard for him. He is in a better place now, and he will always, always remember you.

Say hi to Puffy for me at the Rainbow Bridge, Shui Jai. We miss you very, very much.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 6:00 am

Oh no, I am very, very sorry too, Winnie. Shui Jai really was such a gorgeous guinea, you can see from the photographs how well loved he was too.

This will be such a sad time for you . . . Sere has put it so well, there are no better words of consolation I can add. We are thinking about you and send warmest hugs, Mildred x

Brainerror

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 6:09 am

I'm sorry :( You did all you could for him Winnie, you truly have. Sometimes these things just happen even with our best intentions.. I'm sorry you lost him and I'm sorry you have to suffer this loss and pain, but try not to feel guilty.

You took all steps to stop the stone from forming, then when it did happen you made the right decision to operate. If you had left it, it would have been much worse.

I'm sorry he didn't pull through after surgery. Some piggies can't deal with it very well, but we never know until the time is there.

RIP Shui Jai. Play with all those other piggies at the rainbow bridge. You are not alone, you're loved and missed.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 6:17 am

I'm so very sorry, Winnie. He was beautiful and so very obviously loved.

RIP Shui Jai
God Speed Good Pig

ElvisTCB

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 6:26 am

I'm so very sorry for Winnie's loss, as well as yours (as I know you are mourning as well). I just lost my Kona unexpectedly after surgery last Thursday night, so I know how intense the pain can be (especially the "what if's). Yes, it is indeed normal for there to be some bleeding after stone surgery. I am wondering if the word you are looking for in English could possibly be "abscess"?

I think with some stone pigs, no matter how hard we try, there is just no beating their genetics. Your friend did a beautiful thing providing a forever home for Shui Jai, & there is no doubt that his years with her were filled with comfort, love & joy. He left this world knowing what a special piggy he indeed was, & that his paw will forever be imprinted on your friend's heart.

Rest in peace, Shui Jai. You are one of the most beautiful & adorable piggies I've had the pleasure of laying my eyes upon, & no stone will ever hurt you again.

serelixyue

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 6:34 am

thank you for your beautiful comments....

腹水 means "tummy water", literally. that's why I was thinking of bloat. but you can bloat after surgery? Either way...it is not important now I guess. My heart just goes out to her.

Brainerror

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 am

bloat can occur after surgery.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 7:42 am

I'm sorry your friend lost her little boy. He was precious.

worldangel

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 7:47 am

I am so sorry to hear about this. Thought he was recovering fine.

Take comfort in the knowledge that there will be no more pain but happiness for him over the Rainbow Bridge. My condolences to Winnie.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 8:11 am

I'm so very sorry. He was one of the prettiest boys I have ever seen.

Sleep well Shui Jai!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 8:19 am

So sorry to hear that Winnie lost her precious boy. He was much loved and Winnie did her best by him.

crazypiggie247
The Herd Of Wonders

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 8:50 am

I'm very sorry for Winnie's loss. Shui Jai was a very handsome boy and it sounds/looks like he had a wonderful life in his home. Rest well sweet little guy.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 am

I'm so sorry!!! He was such a lovely pig.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2017

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 9:11 am

So sorry for Winnie's and your lost of Shui Jai. What a lucky boy to have had so many lady friends. RIP little man, run free in perfect health till you meet again. Sending hugs to Winnie and to you and know Shui Jai qill always be with you. Take care, he was a handsome boy. All the piggies are gorgeous, love the cage set up and the food looks good too.

frillint

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 10:18 am

Awe I am so sorry. He looked so happy. You did amazing with him.

TheVic
I gave in memory of Trotsky

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 10:42 am

Poor little guy - he certainly looked very well-loved and definitely well-cared for. Condolences to Winnie.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 11:29 am

Serena I used google translator and apparently is means Ascites: excess fluid in the space between the tissues lining the abdomen and abdominal organs (the peritoneal cavity).

RIP little guy.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 4:02 pm

I'm sorry, Winnie

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 4:13 pm

I am so sorry for your friend. He sounds like he was a wonderful little guinea pig.

NHWheekers

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 4:19 pm

I am so sorry about the little guy. There's really nothing to say that will help, but I hope Winnie's pet lover friends rally around her and give her lots of support. Those are wonderful pictures of a happy, beautiful guinea guy. RIP little one.

37 posts