Support the Board in 2012!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 am

Lynx, I am sorry that you force me to explain myself, as I really hate being sappy, draw attention to my illness and would hate it that people think I say stuff to make them feel sorry for me.

I'm disabled because of MS, for over 80% according to the government. That was a shock to me when I received that letter, as it means not even 20% of me functions properly, lol. Debatable what of that 19% still functions "normally".

Because of the winter cold, I'm also in terrible pain, which has a severe effect on my concentration and memory. Each winter I go though sheer hell because of the pain. There are no pain meds that help, or that I can stand, or that I'm not allergic to, to stop the pain, besides a simple headache pill everyone takes and almost has no effect on me. I hope you can see what that does to my concentration.

My MS also caused long and short term memory issues too, real bad ones. I must have thought I read the page when I responded. It happens more then once. It is certainly not a bad intent to not read a question. I can't remember well who is who and who has which pigs, as I used to in the past. GL is the only forum I still attend, I had to quit all other remaining ones for that reason, or I have no more clue over who says what. I do sincerely hope people can understand that.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:41 am

Oh, I was just posting in jest (not everyone reads everything). I am sorry you have concentration issues and so many physical issues. You are a great gal and don't deserve to live in any pain!

Most importantly, we are sorted out. Keep in mind I actually kid around a lot and may make comments that are to be taken lightly.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Hehehe, thanks for the compliment. I'm OK ; )

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:53 am

Lynx, I sent a donation right now with PayPal. I sent a message through there about it. ;)

(about Lynx comments, I still laugh when I remember the answer to someone who asked if banana peel can be given to GPs)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Got your donation! Thanks so much, Regiane! Looking forward to that eventual animated avatar! (note that I try to slow down the speed so things are not so annoying - and you want to limit the size so it doesn't take a long time to download. Check out other people's animated avatars for recommended sizes - once I get my old computer working, I can provide you with some numbers if you need them).

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:09 pm

I just used the send-a-check thingy on my bank's website. Let's see if that works!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks in advance! I'll let you know when I receive it.

karalianne
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Just sent a donation. I might send another later on this year.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks so much! I emailed you a note and also set you up with a GLX-Files account so you can add a vet. Let me know if you have any difficulty. I can add a notation under your avatar if you'd like, too ("Supporter in '12" or whatever you'd like).

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Lynx, I sent the second part of my donation, and an email with the pictures. :)
Thank you!

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:24 pm

I sent in a small donation with my calendar payment that I'm sadly FINALLY getting out! Hope you get it soon.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:25 pm

I'll be on the lookout! By the way, if you wish I can start your calendar in March 2012 to end in February 2013 (wrap the two months from the beginning of the year into the next).

I am also going to be taking down the calendar link soon. If any of you still want calendars, hop to it!