Sums it up quite well.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:45 am

Alas, that goes to a "not found"!

(cute dog pic, by the way)

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:10 pm

pig party, you should most certainly bless a wider audience. You and Hammer both have a gift--you for words, she for pictures, and they should be shared. I tell her she's in the wrong business--she should be a (fashion) photographer. If you had a blog, web page, etc, I would certainly link to it.

I told my boss and former boss about your posts and we are looking to do stories on the local Greek-American community and possibly international aid to Greece.

You know you can get one free blog/web page, don't you?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:08 pm

This article chastises Germany for what it is doing to Greece. It points out that after WWII, Germany was provided with billions of dollars at low interest.

I wish Germany would do the same for Greece.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/07/18/1403415/-Pay-It-Forward-Germany

pig party

Post   » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:38 am

Jane Doe - I love Hammers pictures. They should certainly been seen by a much, much wider audience. Not sure about my obscure rants though!!

Hmm, yup, cute dog alright, but not quite what I was aiming at! OK - Here's another go at that link, as I think it really does raise an interesting notion -

www.huffingtonpost.com/bernardhenri-levy/athens-riots_b_1274885.html

The idea that this whole affair is actually bigger than debts owed and who owes them. I have started to come to veiw it as a direct slap down of democracy, in as much as the power is being wielded by the money behind it.

I was wrong when I said nothing good could come out of this, particularly after reading the links on TTP and TTIP. There are enough folks out there who understand what drives this crisis now and what the future run soley by and for the corporation holds, but really the bottom line means the question is simpler than that.

Do you want democracy or not?

That is the real issue. If the crisis in Greece is unravelled this is where you end up; this is what all people who DO want democracy should be taking as there cue to rally behind the cause. There is a way out of this, it just requires the majority acing as one. Some how I don't think there is anyone to 'spin' the idea in that direction. Sadly.

Where we are instead is a group of people waiting, in desperation, for the banks to reopen and provide them with a temporary lifeline; ironically the same banks that in the end will be the very institutions of their demise.

Others will nod or shrug or shake their heads, but will anyone do anything other than let the momentum of the moment pass and hope that they are not next in line?

pig party

Post   » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:41 am

PS give me a shout when/if you do the stories, Jane Doe, I would be really interested in reading them.

pig party

Post   » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:59 am

PPS when the banks do reopen please spare a thought for the bank clarks. They don't get paid when the banks are on 'holiday' and their first day back is going to be nothing short of hell while they fend off desperate, disgruntled Greeks who typically queue in the same way the French don't.

It is not their fault. They only work there.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:18 am

Articles so sad! More reason to hate Goldman Sachs!

All of this brought about by greed.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:04 pm

This is a challenging article that claims the beginning of the dissolution of capitalism. I think in some ways a trading of commodities etc. has to still exist (insurance? food? fancy computers?) but in other ways, esp. how information and the control of information has changed in this new information age is transformative. Greece in particular is mentioned.

I do not know, but wonder, if the existence of Guinea Lynx with its free availability of information is a part of this and represents a small way in which trying to extract money for information freely available here is not as economically viable. Supposedly Wikipedia has changed the encyclopedia world.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/jul/17/postcapitalism-end-of-capitalism-begun

I can't say I understand the whole article but it is an interesting theory.

pig party

Post   » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:20 am

I will take that one home to read - looks interesting.

51 posts