Support Guinea Lynx in 2016!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:09 pm

Guinea Lynx is now 17 years old (I can't wait for us to be 21 so we can vote ;-)! Some content has been available since 2000, hosted on another site, moved to another temporary host (thanks, Teresa!) and finally to its own site here. The current board dates back to 1/1/2002 (there was a temporary board before that).

Thanks to current and past members, Guinea Lynx has been going strong for all these years! A number of members have been active since the beginning. We even have a crew of "former guinea pig caretakers" who still love and care about guinea pigs around the world.

I remain firmly committed to keeping Guinea Lynx Google-ad-free (THIS is what Guinea Lynx could look like without your help: https://www.guinealynx.info/sample.html ). So if any of you are willing to help cover the costs associated with running this board (hosting/internet, reference books, etc.) which have unfortunately increased, your donation would be greatly appreciated. While contributing to expenses is voluntary, it really does keep this site going! And if you have never contributed, perhaps this could be the year you start!

I would be happy to give you a line of text (or update your notation) as a thank you for your help. Choose whatever notation you'd like - make one up or try "Supporter in '16". Notations appear under your avatar (if you don't have an avatar, I can help resize a picture of one of your guinea pigs so you can upload it to your profile).

For a $40 donation I will be happy to set up an animated avatar (up to 9 guinea pig pics) for you. An existing animated avatar can be updated (new pics) with any donation.

VERY IMPORTANT! => I do NOT always remember to ask you what you'd like your notation to be or if you'd like an animated avatar so PLEASE remind me and I will be happy to do so (this is a consequence of getting older and being less organized!) so this is my official apology if I forget!

If you write me at the following address, I can send you my mailing address if you wish to send a check (preferred). For those who would rather use Paypal, I only have a personal Paypal account (it doesn't take credit or debit cards).
Please note, Paypal is now charging additional fees. If you want to make sure I receive your entire donation (and avoid these fees), select the "Personal" tab and "Gift" and make sure you either have funds in your account or are drawing funds from your bank (an "e-check" rather than a bank debit card or credit card). Then your entire donation should go through rather than having Paypal remove substantial fees. Checks do not incur additional fees so all of your donation is guaranteed to help GL.

The email I use for Paypal is:
You all make this board a real community and I'm grateful for your participation here. I am especially indebted to the members who answer questions about guinea pig care and monitor the medical board. I am so proud that you all make a difference in the lives of guinea pigs and in each other's lives - sometimes in wonderful and unexpected ways. And you all absolutely provide the inspiration I need to keep me going!

Thanks for making Guinea Lynx the great place it is!!

...and thanks for letting me talk about my chicken, Mia :-)
Last edited by Lynx on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:58 pm

Yearly contribution sent!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:07 pm

Thanks so much! I will go update your notation!

Both Mia and I thank you!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:46 am

Lynx, I voted at 18 back in 1976. Guinea Lynx is almost an adult!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:53 am

Ah, yes, I forgot that it is 18. So it will be very soon GL can vote!

But not until 21 (most states in the US) that we will be drinking...

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:42 am

Done!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:38 pm

Thanks so much, pigjes!!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:21 pm

I'll definitely get a check out next month. Or will talk to Mr. regarding "gifting" through paypal, since it's much faster.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Thanks in advance!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:16 am

Oh, and by the way, Lynx, the year has changed to 16, instead of 15 ;)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:48 am

Thanks for pointing that out!

No need to go back in time ;-)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:36 am

Lynx, if your address is the same (calendar one), I'll send mine this week.